This position with our Fortune 500 Company Confidential Client is primarily responsible for maintaining the uptime and viability of a Citrix Virtual Applications and Desktops environment. Working in a team setting, this role will focus on engineering, future planning and continually improving user experience. This includes owning day-to-day operational tasks, performing server builds, publishing applications, provisioning virtual desktops and acting as a virtualization SME for support personnel.
- BS/BA in Computer Science or MIS is desired
- Experience and knowledge of Citrix Virtual Applications and Desktops infrastructure version 1912 is required
- Experience scripting with PowerShell is required
- Experience and knowledge of Citrix Provisioning Server is required
- Experience and knowledge of Citrix Application Layering and User Layers is required
- Experience and knowledge of Citrix Workspace Environment Management is required
- Experience with VDI environments is required (large environments preferred)
- Experience working with a hybrid cloud environment is preferred
- Knowledge of RDS and Citrix licensing is preferred
- Strong knowledge of Active Directory and Citrix group policy is preferred
- Experience and knowledge of VMware ESX is preferred
- Experience and knowledge of VMWare Workspace ONE is preferred
- Ability to provide support for the implementation, troubleshooting and maintenance of Windows Operating Systems on physical and virtual platforms
- General knowledge of information technologies
- Ability to effectively organize tasks, manage multiple priorities/details, meet schedules, and deliver on customer commitments
- Ability to negotiate with and influence others - internally as well as vendors
- Ability to build relationships and work in a team atmosphere as well as work independently
- Ability to provide and accept feedback
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Professional oral and written communication skills are required
MAJOR JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Communicate progress, problems and best practices to management, leads and teammates.
- Work with virtualization architect and peers to develop progressive solutions and processes.
- Serve as a virtualization subject matter expert on project teams.
- Diagnose and resolve problems to maintain environment stability and provide third-level support to other areas both within and outside of IT.
- Follow standard processes for hardware, software and project completion, problem resolution and change management.