Our mission at EMyth is simple: to help every business owner create a business they love leading and a life they love living. We pioneered the business coaching industry back in 1977, which led to the release of The E-Myth Revisited by our founder Michael E. Gerber. It’s since become one of the 10 best-selling business books of all time and has inspired millions of business owners to work on their business, not just in it. Based on the principles of the book, our Coaching Program is designed to help business owners make the transition from Technicians, whose businesses work because of them, to Entrepreneurs, whose businesses can flourish without them.
A primary tenet of our Program is continuous innovation and over the last two years, we’ve gone through a holistic transformation. We’ve changed our business model, updated our Coaching Program and completed a full rebranding. We often joke that working here is like working at a 40-year old start-up; EMyth is a community rich in history and experience, with a never-ending drive to reassess, reinvent and reach for our dream of what’s possible.
EMyth is a proud equal opportunity employer. We strongly encourage applications from all people regardless of race, national origin, age, sex, gender identity, gender expression, protected veteran or disabled status, religious affiliation or sexual orientation.
For this role, applicants must be United States residents and eligible to work in the United States.
As our Digital Marketing and Operations Associate, you’ll play a critical role in making sure our team translates our company values into great experiences for our prospects, customers, EMyth Coaches and internal team members—namely “create better, together” and “orchestrate everything”. Your digital marketing and marketing operations expertise will enable us to reach revenue and operations goals, as well as continually push our growth marketing, operations, and digital experience boundaries.
Working as a key member of our growing Marketing Team, you’ll serve as one of the digital marketing expert at EMyth and will own the execution and optimization of marketing campaigns, data analysis, department reporting and channel-specific demand generation tactics (SEO, SEM, social media, website optimization).
You’ll be key to making sure the department runs smoothly by owning the creation and update of marketing operations processes, definitions, standards and documentation.
This role is suited for someone who’s comfortable owning tactical work and is eager to expand their skills to include more strategic work over time. Our ideal candidate enjoys the flexibility of working at an all-remote company, is comfortable setting and holding themselves to their own deadlines and high standards, and likes collaborating with others to continually improve on department results, as well as how those results are achieved.
Additionally, it’s important to us that you:
- Are a creative yet practical problem solver.
- Thrive on producing results your entire team can be proud of.
- Love to learn and grow, especially from the mistakes you make along the way.
- Have a proven track record of managing and optimizing marketing software and systems related to analytics, digital experience and demand generation.
- Are curious and enthusiastic about sharing your insights and empowering others.
- Thrive in a culture of personal accountability and co-creativity.
- Hold a commitment to advancing equity, diversity and inclusion.
- Naturally orient yourself toward "digging in" to find root causes and treat problems rather than just symptoms.
What you'll do:
- Execute Hubspot coding and marketing/sales operations projects including list building, data quality improvement, lead scoring, email campaigns, creating and maintaining email templates, and optimizing email and EMyth website performance.
- Ensure processes and best practices are in place to maintain the integrity of our CRM data.
- In partnership with the rest of the Marketing Team and our outside vendors & contractors, you’ll build, execute, optimize and analyze integrated campaigns that encompass all marketing channels, including website, email marketing, articles and offers on our editorial hub—Inside EMyth, SEM, SEO, media, social media, and other channels.
- Serve as the subject matter expert and manage the evolution of the technologies and platforms that power our website and Marketing channels, including investigating and implementing new tools and software. Don’t worry, we expect this one to take a bit of time, especially if you’re learning the technologies and platforms we use from scratch.
- Troubleshoot and QA campaigns, workflows, data issues and other key marketing ops functions.
- Research and find new solutions and tools to help solve Marketing Team problems, including developing rollout plans for new business process/tool updates, as well as owning process improvement, training and communications.
- Working with our Business Technology Team, implement best-in-class testing methodologies and technologies to enhance and optimize marketing campaigns and the EMyth website.
- Work with vendors and contractors as needed, including serving as their primary day-to-day contact.
What you'll need:
- 2-4 years of experience in a digital marketing and/or marketing operations role
- A BA or BS in marketing, business, or technology-related field of study is preferred but not required
- An understanding of marketing automation capabilities and digital experience best practices
- Working knowledge of HTML and CSS
- Advanced understanding of Microsoft Excel / Google Sheets (i.e., how to split columns, perform vlookups, and create pivot tables)
- Experience working in a digital marketing or marketing ops capacity on projects related to: SEO/SEM, email marketing, social media, email marketing, website optimization
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience with marketing funnel and lifecycle stage optimization tactics
- Ability to extract meaning from data to help optimize the team’s approach
- Working knowledge of HubSpot is desired, though not mandatory. You should have experience with popular tools (for example: Salesforce, Google Analytics, HubSpot, and Google Ads), as well as the ability to quickly learn new software and tools, and manage the day-to-day use and development of them.
What we offer:
- Competitive salary ($55-65,000USD for this role)
- Remote work with the ability to work from wherever you wish
- 401(k) with matching
- 14 paid holidays
- Three weeks paid vacation
- One week paid personal time
- Two weeks paid sick time
- Health and dental insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) and Dependent Care FSA
- Life insurance
- A world-class, committed team that gets things done—and cares about you as an individual, not just the work you produce
- An open and honest work environment in which your voice is heard and you matter
- The opportunity to expand your reach, and to grow with an expanding, tried-and-true company who knows that creativity and innovation are key to being great
How to apply:
If this sounds like you, please submit a resume and a cover letter telling us about yourself, why you want to be a part of the EMyth team and a few ideas or impressions you have about our approach to digital marketing. If you have a project portfolio, we’d love to see that as well.