Test Automation Engineer
Location: Silicon Valley
Job ID: 14232
Initial Review Date (IRD)
UC Santa Cruz staff jobs are posted until filled. Application materials submitted by 11:59 pm on the IRD will be routed to the hiring unit for consideration. NOTE: Materials submitted after the IRD will be forwarded only at the request of the hiring unit. Submit your materials before the IRD to ensure consideration by the hiring unit.
Initial Review Date (IRD): 01-25-2021
Dept Marketing Statement
This is a position within the https://www.smarterbalanced.org division of the University of California Santa Cruz Extension.
Smarter Balanced is a member led organization of states and territories that collaborate to provide formative, interim and summative assessment resources (e.g. tools, items, tests, etc.) that help educators better prepare their students to be college and career ready after they leave high school.
The UCSC Extension is the leading workforce educator in Silicon Valley and is the only institution in the area to offer University of California-quality accredited courses designed by experienced instructors who are actually working in their field. We serve:
• new college graduates needing practical skills
• people in the workforce looking to update skills or change direction
• lifelong learners interested in studying with industry experts in the heart of Silicon Valley
• K-12 students and educators by providing access to high quality curriculum and assessments that are aligned to rigorous standards
Applies advanced QA Release Management concepts and location objectives to test highly complex software changes or enhancements for Smarter Balanced applications. Regularly works on highly complex projects where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors. Directs the selection of and devises methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for testing and releasing software. Coordinates release program activities and functions as a subject matter expert in release management. Coordinates with team members to proactively address potential bugs or negative tests that might not be considered. Directs the methods and processes for testing negative along with positive results.
Pay, Benefits, & Work Schedule
Salary Information: $85,000 - $105,000 / Annually. Salary commensurate with skills, qualifications and experience.
No. of Positions: 1
Benefits Level Eligibility: Full
40 hours weekly
Employee Classification: Career Appointment
Job End Date: None
Work Location: Remote
Union Representation: None
50% - Quality Assurance Process
Performs highly complex procedures to ensure that all information systems products and services meet organization standards and end-user requirements. May lead a team to test software to ensure proper operation and conformance to test plans.
Develops and troubleshoots complex automated scripts, validates and / or creates appropriate test plans and test execution plans. Performs highly complex analysis of product failure. Initiates and documents resolution of all highly complex issues. Reports progress on problem resolution to project manager. Directs improvements to current procedures and future models. Employs and develops highly complex tools to perform workflow analysis and recommends quality improvements.
30% - Release Management
Creates, manages, and maintains the overall testing and release process.
Acts as the gatekeeper to the production environment, ensuring consistency in policies and operational procedures, release integration testing and production validation.
Oversees process and develops testing standards for migration of new and upgraded software from test to production environment. May create release engineering tools and or assist management in defining or improving the release management process.
20% - Project Lifecycle
Ensures compliance with project life cycle and industry practices, community standards and department policies and procedures on project assignments. Coordinates between departments or units and technical support staff on major activities and ongoing support of IT systems. Determines and identifies risk factors that may impact overall project. Determines appropriate types and levels of information for sharing with key project contacts.
• Bachelor's degree in related area and / or equivalent experience / training.
• Advanced knowledge of software functions and analysis.
• Advanced skills associated with analysis of software design, modification and implementation.
• Advanced understanding of the use of automated testing tools, including skill to perform automated QA procedures.
• Understands compliance requirements for applicable industry or agency standards. Advanced knowledge of the ISO standards and the Compatibility Maturity Model Integration (CMMI) model.
• Interpersonal skills in order to work with both technical and non-technical personnel at various levels in the organization. Ability to elicit and communicate technical and non-technical information in a clear and concise manner.
• Self-motivated, ability to learn quickly and meet deadlines.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
• Problem-solving skills
• Advanced skills in software lifecycle management.
• Advanced knowledge of software function and analysis. Thorough knowledge relating to the design, development and analysis of software.
• Thorough knowledge of other related areas of IT.
• Demonstrated skills and experience at recommending and presenting quality improvements to processes.
• Demonstrated ability to understand business and how business systems can support those needs.
• Demonstrated skill at developing complex conversion and system implementation plans. Advanced skills in software testing.
• Coordinates release program activities and functions as a subject matter expert in release management.
APPLICANTS ARE REQUIRED TO USE THE UCSC ON-LINE PROCESS
View full job description and access on-line application:
To ensure review of application materials by the hiring unit, they must be submitted on or before the initial review date (IRD) via the Staff Employment Opportunities web site; https://jobs.ucsc.edu. A computer is available at the UC Santa Cruz Staff Human Resources Office located at Scotts Valley Center. The Scotts Valley Center is located at 100 Enterprise Way, Suite E100, Scotts Valley, CA 95066. To learn more or to request disability accommodations, call 831-459-2009. Hearing impaired are encouraged to use the California Relay Service at 800-735-2922. UC Santa Cruz is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or protected veteran status. UC Santa Cruz is committed to excellence through diversity and strives to establish a climate that welcomes, celebrates, and promotes respect for the contributions of all students and employees.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.