ABOUT THE POSITION:
A key member of the Advancement department, the Philanthropy Officer is responsible for the year-round management, strategic development, and solicitation of individual donors focusing on gifts of more than $1,000 from a portfolio of 100+ donors. They are also responsible for donor program development and improvement, including a planned giving program. The Philanthropy Officer is a key leader within the organization and a visible agency representative in the greater community. All responsibilities are conducted in a manner consistent with the spirit of the MPN Diversity Recruiters Confidential Client’s mission and its philosophy of care.
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION:
MPN Diversity Recruiters Confidential Client develops and provides essential services and affordable housing for homeless and low-income people in the greater Puget Sound region. We envision a world in which every person lives in a safe and caring community. MPN Diversity Recruiters Confidential Client offers an open, supportive, and challenging work environment committed to promoting the dignity and well-being of each person that we serve. We recognize the value that different perspectives and cultures bring to the organization.
- LOCATION: South Lake Union (Seattle, WA)
- REPORTS TO: Director of Advancement
- FLSA STATUS: Exempt
- SCHEDULE: Weekdays (plus evenings and weekends as needed)
- SALARY RANGE: DOE
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Other duties, responsibilities, and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice. The employee in this position must be able to read, write, and understand English.
- Act as key Advancement team member, promoting a collaborative work environment and joining other team members to execute upon the goals of the department.
- With leadership from the Director of Advancement, work to professionalize the major and leadership gifts program, ensuring astute pipeline building, excellent data management, and activity planning.
- Develop and manage individualized stewardship plans and strategies that contribute to the retention and growth of the major and leadership donor base.
- Create opportunities for major and leadership donor appreciation through special donor recognition events or other activities that further cultivate these groups.
- Develop, implement, and maintain a new planned giving program.
- Work closely with the Director of Advancement to develop annual fund development and communications plans as they relate to major and leadership giving.
- Work with the Advancement team to coordinate leadership giving opportunities and recognitions at annual and capital project events programs.
- With the Director of Advancement, serve as the steward and a primary contact and trainer of the Board of Directors.
- Ensure that all assigned donor data is well developed, accurate, and updated regularly in the Raiser’s Edge (RE) database.
- Oversee solicitor assignments and ensure solicitor activities are recorded accurately in RE database.
- In partnership with the Director of Advancement, develop and execute leadership giving budget based on set criteria.
- Responsible for sourcing and developing opportunities to advance the MPN Diversity Recruiters Confidential Client’s mission with our congregation supporters and in the larger community, through public speaking and public presentations.
- Conduct all work on behalf of the agency within the highest ethical and legal standards.
- Advance diversity, equity, and inclusion in all aspects of the work. All employees are expected to make efforts in their work and in their conduct to advance diversity, equity, and inclusion at every level.
- Maintain a favorable working relationship with all other company employees to foster and promote a cooperative and harmonious working climate.
- Project a favorable image of the organization in order to promote its aims and objectives and foster and enhance public recognition and acceptance of all its areas of endeavor.
- Perform all duties and responsibilities in a timely and effective manner in accordance with established company policies to achieve the overall objectives of this position.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Proven track record of cultivating, soliciting, and closing gifts.
- Knowledge of principles and techniques of donor relations and stewardship, annual giving best practices, and computer software programs, i.e. Raisers Edge.
- Excellent administrative and organizational skills with the ability to navigate multiple projects.
- Exceptional EQ and relational skills - the ability to be empathetic, responsive, resourceful, and relationship-oriented.
- Relate openly and comfortably with diverse groups of people, while valuing their differences.
- Work independently and as part of a team, particularly to exercise sound decision making in the absence of supervision, with strong collaboration skills.
- Sensitive to and able to communicate and work effectively with individuals from diverse economic circumstances, cultural and ethnic backgrounds, physical and mental abilities, and sexual orientations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with ability to communicate effectively about technical problems and solutions.
- Strong problem solving, time and project management skills are required to Effective: 11/20/2020 be successful in this role.
- Ability and aptitude with technology necessary for successful day-to-day functioning in business environment including various databases, Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, Outlook, etc., and Internet technology.
- Valid WA driver’s license, proof of car insurance, and a driving record that meets MPN Diversity Recruiters Confidential Client standards, required.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Public Administration or related field, or relevant work experience, certificate and/or equivalent continuing professional development or education.
- A minimum of 5-years’ experience in a development program, required.
- Experience and comfort working around or within faith communities, strongly preferred.
- Raiser’s Edge experience and/or certification, highly desirable.
- Familiarity with issues of homelessness, mental illness, substance abuse, sexual assault, and/or domestic violence, strongly desired.
- Awareness and/or training around issues of equity, intersectionality, and belonging.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear.
- The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, use hands to finger/ handle/feel/type, and reach with hands and arms. Requires the ability to occasionally push, pull, lift and/or carry supplies up to 20 pounds.
- Work takes place in an office environment where long periods of sitting, working on a computer, walking to various work areas, going up and down stairs, and standing are required.
- Travel to program sites and meetings outside the office and around the county are necessary Mental efforts like attention to detail, interacting with others in-person and through email, using critical thinking skills to strategize, develop and implement business plans, create and edit documents, listen and participate verbally at meetings. In compliance with the ADA Amendment Act, should you have a disability that requires assistance and/or reasonable accommodation with the job application process, please contact MPN Diversity Recruiters via phone at 404-629-9323 or via e-mail at Recruiting@mpnDiversityJobs.com.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The noise level in the work environment is normal. MPN Diversity Recruiters Confidential Client programs are housed within a human services environment in the Greater Seattle area. Our diverse client/guest/resident community includes many single, formerly homeless adults who lack any family support system.
Compounding the constraints of poverty, our community includes individuals who are physically and/or mentally disabled, persons living with AIDS, those who struggle with Effective: 11/20/2020 chemical dependencies, veterans, and vulnerable, elderly adults. Working at MPN Diversity Recruiters Confidential Client will mean that you will be in close proximity to the people we serve.
This position is eligible for occasional remote work per manager approval. MPN Diversity Recruiters Confidential Client facilities are monitored with camera surveillance equipment for safety and security purposes. The cameras will generally be utilized only in public areas where there is not a reasonable expectation of privacy.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT
MPN Diversity Recruiters Confidential Client is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity and treats all employees and applicants equally without regard to age, ancestry, citizenship, color, creed, disability, familial status, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, national origin, parental status, political ideology, pregnancy, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, use of section 8 certificate, use of service animal, and all other groups protected by law, and promotes diversity in its workforce.
MPN Diversity Recruiters Confidential Client takes affirmative action to implement programs and maintain practices and policies that eliminate barriers to equal employment opportunity. Our program is available for review by employees and applicants for employment in the Human Resources Office during regular office hours. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
MPN Diversity Recruiters Confidential Client believes that each employee makes a significant contribution to our success. That contribution should not be limited by the assigned responsibilities. This position description describes the general nature of the work performed; representative duties as well as the typical qualifications needed for acceptable performance. It is not intended to be a complete list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of the job. It is our expectation that each employee will offer their services wherever and whenever necessary to ensure the success of the organization. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
HOW TO APPLY
For more information or to apply and receive preferential consideration with our client for this great opportunity, please click on the APPLY NOW button or email MPN Diversity Recruiters at email@example.com or call 404-629-9323.