About the Organization
BoardSource is a globally recognized nonprofit focused on strengthening nonprofit leadership at the highest level — the board of directors. With expertise cultivated over more than three decades, BoardSource strengthens nonprofit leadership through research, thought leadership, and practical supports that help transform board structures, dynamics, and perspectives. It is widely recognized as the go-to resource for nonprofit boards and reaches more than 500,000 leaders each year. Over the years, BoardSource’s leadership footprint in the nonprofit sector has expanded beyond “board leadership essentials” to research and proactively address critical issues that are impeding the nonprofit sector’s ability to achieve its full potential for impact. In addition to an expansion of its signature research study, “Leading with Intent,” BoardSource has also prioritized initiatives to address:
- The urgent need for more diverse nonprofit boards that are committed to doing their work in a way that helps advance equity and justice;
- The importance of understanding and engaging in public policy issues that impact or impede an organization’s ability to fulfill its mission, serve its community, or otherwise do its mission-driven work; and
- The opportunity to structure organizations for greater resilience and impact through strategic alliances and mergers.
The Assessment Services Account Representative provides account management and client support via phone and email to our customers who purchase online assessments. This individual manages the full survey process – including sale, setup, customization (when applicable), launch, technical assistance, and report generation – for clients who conduct any variation of a board self-assessment survey, chief executive assessment survey, or a custom survey project using BoardSource’s online survey tools. Strong customer service skills in both email and phone-based support are a must. This individual is part of a cross-functional team that manages all customer, member, and client-relations. As such, the Assessment Services Account Representative also provides back-up support to the Member Services Coordinator. In particular, this individual will assist the Member Services Coordinator with all aspects member services, including sales and customer order processing for BoardSource products and services, such as publication orders, membership, training, webinar, and conference registrations via telephone, email, Web orders, and walk-ins, as well as resolving account specific questions/issues and answering questions about our services/products more generally.
The duties that follow represent the primary responsibilities for this role. All employees are responsible for performing other projects and duties as assigned. Client Intake and Sales
- Guide and advise clients on assessments, other BoardSource services, and other governance-related questions and issues.
- Identify and match client needs to appropriate products.
- Convert leads to sales and upsell as appropriate.
- Maintain a tracking system for monthly assessment product sales.
- Respond quickly and efficiently to customer needs.
- Maintain information related to assessment sales using Salesforce.
- Set up and manage customer accounts for BoardSource assessments, including all timelines and deliverables.
- Generate and deliver client data reports using Qualtrics Research, Qualtrics 360, and Qualtrics Vocalize.
- Generate DECK using tool templates and client data.
- Compile and prepare custom reports, such as year-to-year comparison and segmented reports.
- Manage quality assurance activities for assessments.
- Provide client support via phone and email, giving clear instructions for assessments products and answering questions related to our nonprofit governance assessment tools.
- Effectively problem-solve and troubleshoot customer issues related to online products.
- Problem-solve technical issues related to survey software by working with technical support team at Qualtrics.
- Work closely with other staff to provide seamless customer service.
- Function as a super-user for survey software vendor, including communicating with the technical support team to resolve issues and identifying enhancements and customizations in the software to gain efficiencies in daily survey administration.
- Compile and prepare data for custom surveys, consulting projects, and other evaluations as needed.
- Develop a basic understanding of nonprofit governance issues.
- Assist Assessments team to ensure all processes related to assessments are captured in a training manual and assist in updating Assessments SOPs as requested.
- Participate in activities needed to support the management functions of the organization.
Member Services Backup
- Assist with and provide back-up support to other functions in the department as assigned.
- Process orders for each line of business that comes in via telephone, fax, mail, Web site, and in person.
- Maintain a high level of knowledge about BoardSource and each of its lines of business — publications, assessment tools, membership, trainings, events, and consulting — to be able to promote solutions that fit the customer’s needs.
- Process cancelations, customer returns, and refunds as necessary.
- Respond to email and phone requests for account assistance and questions about our products and services.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree with 1-3 years of administrative, customer service, sales, or account management experience preferred
- Solid understanding of MS Office suite and Outlook
- Highly organized with a methodical, detail-oriented approach to executing day-to-day processes and problem solving
- Keen eye for identifying and implementing process improvements with the ability to work effectively under pressure, adapt to changing situations and adjusting priorities
- Strong customer-focused attitude with the ability to professionally interact with customers and prospective customers, nonprofit staff and board members, and BoardSource staff
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Account/project management experience with strong follow-up and follow-through skills
- Basic research knowledge and experience (e.g., literature searches, survey management, database construction and management)
- Experienced and very comfortable working in a computer and Web-based environment
- Experience with, or willingness to learn, new software and applications such as Salesforce; Qualtrics Research, Qualtrics 360, and Qualtrics Vocalize; Statwing platforms; SPSS; and Tableau
- Self-starter who can work with minimal supervision, independently, and as part of a team
- Passion for the nonprofit sector and nonprofit experience preferred
Compensation and BenefitsBoardSource offers competitive wages, growth opportunities and excellent benefits, including high-quality health insurance with dental and vision coverage; life insurance; a retirement plan with employer match; and other work/life benefits. Starting salary is $41,322.
Work Environment and Physical Requirements
The physical requirements for the Consulting and Learning Practice Assistant are customary to an office setting, seated or standing at a desk with standard office equipment and technology. Reasonable accommodations will gladly be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions. The employee must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
Come be a part of our team and help us to advance the work of nonprofit organizations across the country! To apply for this role, please submit a cover letter and resume.
BoardSource is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. All information that you provide will be kept confidential in accordance with EEO guidelines.