The Azure Security Engineer will work with the Cloud Center of Excellence (CCoE) team to secure complex IaaS/PaaS deployments in Azure Cloud. A successful candidate will have experience with key Azure security concepts including usage Application Gateways, Azure Firewall, Key Vaults, Azure Active Directory and Azure Security Center.
- Planning, configuring, deploying, and optimizing Microsoft Azure security-based solutions
- Working closely with our data and application security teams to design best-in-class Azure implementations
- Be a trusted advisor for Azure cloud security architecture. Engineer should have deep understanding of how to secure Azure IaaS/PaaS services
- Provide technical guidance on how to leverage a control framework (NIST CSF, NIST 800-53, CSA CCM) to secure a public cloud environment
- Partner with Dev, Infrastructure and Security Operations teams to integrate security in an automated manner
- Prepare assessments and cyber threat profiles of current and planned products based on testing, research, and analysis
- Deep knowledge and understanding of the Microsoft Azure stack including (PaaS, IaaS, Storage, SQL, NSGs, Redis, VNETs, Availability Zones, Application Gateways, Azure Firewall and Azure Active Directory)
- Experience architecting Microsoft security solutions such as o365 Advanced Threat Protection, Defender Advanced Threat Protection, Azure Advanced Threat Protection, Cloud App Security and Azure Sentinel
- Knowledge and experience with networking concepts including subnetting, routing, routing protocols, firewalls
- Experience building secure cloud architectures within Azure, using Azure Resource Manager, Azure IaaS and PaaS offerings (Security Center, ATP, etc.) and Azure Policy
- Hands-on experience migrating customers to Azure and designing DevSec Ops operational processes, deployment checklists, etc.
- Designing and advising against security requirements to support cloud migration efforts
- Knowledge of PowerShell, BASH or Python is a plus
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills