Responsibility for day-to-day support of the compensation and benefits department, with emphasis on the benefits, compliance and payroll. These responsibilities include executing data input and validating payroll ensuring the timely and accurate distribution of pay and deductions, in addition to supporting the benefit programs to include enrollment, claims resolution, change reporting, and approving invoices for payment. This position also collaborates with other departments regarding governance, benefit budgets and billing; collaborates with HR Team for orientation, onboarding and policies.
No relocation assistance will be provided with this position.
Roles & Responsibilities
- In partnership with Benefits Brokerage and Outsourced Administration Teams, ensure that employees understand benefit programs and assist employees as situations arise.
- Manage HRIS system (Paycom) benefit setup for benefit plans and ACA reporting requirements.
- Accountable for the ensuring benefit invoices are properly audited and sent to the Accounts Payable department.
- Manage the Porsche Associate Lease (PAL) and VW eTag vehicle program employee communications, deductions and file transfers including the processing of employee motor vehicle reports (MVR).
- Partner with the Benefits Intern to manage the Life In Motion Wellness Program.
- Provides new hire orientation support and presents at New hire orientations
- Support Pension administration with valuation request processing, monthly maintenance and payment processing.
- Coordinate yearly Open Enrollment Meetings with employees, companies & broker; arrange for distribution of materials from carriers and process changes with deadlines.
- Work closely with the Human Resources Managers to process, track, administer and oversee all leave of absence and accommodation requests and disability paperwork: medical, personal, disability, Federal & State mandated leaves.
- Support annual plan audits for the 401(k) and pension plans; government reporting and filing; 5500 filing for health and welfare, pension plan and 401(k) plans in conjunction with PBS Tax and Accounting Departments.
- Tracks PAL car and etag car deductions; works together with HR Business Managers is ensuring payments are timely and coordinated with the operations and VW teams respectively.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Performs all other duties as required and assigned.
- Participate in the accurate and timely compilation, preparation, and processing of Bi-Weekly and Semi-Monthly payroll in accordance with state and federal regulations and company policies and procedures for exempt and non-exempt employees.
- Updates payroll and employee records by reviewing, entering and approving changes in insurance coverage, deductions, job titles, transfers and any other pertinent information to maintain accurate records within HRIS and Payroll program.
- Track compensation and benefits benchmarking data; ensure company compensation plans are following State and Federal regulations.
- Maintain all HR and Payroll employee files to include personnel, payroll, medical, 401 (k) for both active and terminated employees; manage on site storage of files by boxing up and sending prior year’s files to storage on an annual basis
- Serve as primary back up to Payroll Manager; provide full-cycle payroll processing once every 6 weeks or no fewer than 10 pay-periods per year; and research/respond to general payroll inquiries and issues.
- Responsible for providing employment and wage verifications on external inquiries.
- Handles all accruals and time and attendance input, reconciliation and monthly reporting and distribution.
- Check distribution for all employees
- Delivery responsibility for time and attendance training to new managers and employees
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, Finance/Accounting (preferred) or related field.
- 5+ years Benefits administration experience
- 3+ years of Payroll administration experience
- Certification in Compensation, Benefits and/or Payroll strongly preferred.
- Understanding of State and Federal regulations that impact compensation, benefits, payroll and human resources.
- Ability to meet deadlines and is flexible with changing priorities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in MS Office (Excel and Word) with preferred exposure to SuccessFactors.
- Seeks to ensure proper retention of electronic documents, business confidential information, and actively demonstrates an understanding of the need to safeguard competitive information in both electronic and non-electronic formats
- Customer Focus
- Attention to Detail
- Planning and Organization