Help Desk & Staff Support Services Manager
The Help Desk & Staff Support Services Manager employs excellent communication and customer service skills to collaborate with other members of Educational Technology Services in supporting staff, faculty and student use of CCA's technology infrastructure. The incumbent is responsible for the daily operations of Help Desk, which serves as the 1st tier of technical support for all CCA staff, faculty and students, and Staff Support Services, which provides technical support to staff and maintains installations and implementations of computers, peripherals and software for staff. The Help Desk & Staff Support Manager employs a hands-on approach to ensure excellence in customer service, and efficient and effective resolution to all technology support requests.
The Help Desk & Staff Support Manager also provides front-line service to end users, including responding to support requests via email, phone or walk-in, advanced troubleshooting, system administration, and training staff on use of software, computers and peripherals.
Management of Help Desk & Staff Support Operations (60%)
• Develop and optimize strategy, procedures, processes and tools involved in delivery of Help Desk and Staff Support services. Responsible for optimal configuration of ticketing system and documentation in support of high quality service delivery.
• Ensure professional and consistent customer service delivery through hands-on engagement in staff and request management.
• Coordinate escalation of technical support and issue resolution with staff in Educational Technology Services.
• Collaborate with service leads and support staff to determine, post, and update documentation that supports effective technical support, as well as self-help documentation for end users.
• Develop Service Level Agreements for Help Desk and Staff Support to set expectations and measure performance. Gather and analyze metrics to benchmark workload, performance, and identifies trends. Communicate results with management and staff.
• Hire, train, manage and mentor Help Desk and Staff Support staff including career development.
• Participate in planning of improvements to services and processes.
• In collaboration with Academic Computing, maintain mobile device management for staff computers, hardware and peripherals.
• Manage process for communicating outage/emergency activities to the organization.
• Promote CCA's commitment to collaborative and inclusive environment by:
• - Building effective partnerships with co-workers throughout CCA by freely sharing appropriate information and providing assistance when needed.
• - Ensuring optimum service to all internal and external partners in response to all requests for service and information.
• - Maintaining an environment that is welcoming and inclusive to persons of all backgrounds, nationalities, and roles.
Front-line Technical Support for Staff (40%)
• Provides front line support as needed to support Help Desk and Staff Support Services. Performs advanced level troubleshooting, technical assistance and support on various software applications and hardware.
• In collaboration with technical staff, provide end user instruction, troubleshooting, and some administrative support for numerous systems supported by Educational Technology Services, including user account management, Google Apps for Education, Workday, Portal, Symplicity, Eventbrite, and other information systems.
• In collaboration with user support specialists, provide end user instruction and troubleshooting in computing, networking, security, software and device management.
• Provide individual and/or group instruction and training to constituents on computer hardware and software.
• Deploy new software and hardware including printers and other related peripheral hardware. Includes configuration, security and patching solutions.
• Perform routine backups, virus software updates and routine cleaning of hardware as required.
• Assist System Administrators with server and equipment moves as necessary.
• Assist Academic Computing team as needed to manage computing labs, printing and related support services.
• May need to work evenings or weekends as necessary.
• 2+ years supervisory/management experience in an IT service/Help Desk environment.
• Bachelor's degree in computer sciences or related field, and/or equivalent work experience and training.
• Experience as a computer technician, installing and maintaining hardware, software and peripherals.
• Familiarity with current versions of Macintosh OS, Microsoft Windows, Google Apps, client/server/cloud applications, security protocols, and computer networking concepts.
• Completion of Apple Certified Mac Technician Certification (ACMT) preferred.
• Prior experience with digital media, art and design applications (e.g., Adobe Creative Cloud software, Apple Pro applications, Autodesk, etc.) preferred.
• Knowledge of best practices for utilizing technology in an academic environment preferred.
• Comfortable working with a small team of highly technical individuals in a high pressure, customer service focused unit of ETS.
• Must be a self-motivated individual who can juggle many projects at once, including time-management and prioritization of workflow.
• Ability to support non-technical persons with technical issues, and ability to explain computing concepts to users in a clear, supportive, and easily understood manner.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with ability to be diplomatic and highly responsive in all interpersonal interactions.
• Excellent attention to detail and routine daily functions, as well as the ability to keep focused and productive with long-term projects in an inherently interrupt-driven job.
• An enthusiasm for working with people in an agile and creative environment.
• A demonstrated systems thinker.
• Collaborative leadership abilities.
Applicants are required to attach a cover letter and resume. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Recommended document file formats are Word or PDF. If there are multiple attachments, we recommend compressing/zipping your files into a zip format file. There is also a place in the application for you to provide a link to large documents. Please submit an application form for each position for which you believe you are qualified. Applications are not kept on file for future positions.
For staff positions, screening begins immediately and continues until the position is filled.
As an educational and cultural institution, California College of the Arts has a responsibility to provide access and opportunities for all people, with special attention to supporting groups historically underrepresented in higher education.
We believe that a culturally diverse campus is integral to academic excellence, and our student, faculty, staff, and trustee bodies should reflect the diverse world in which we live, with attention to race, ethnicity, religious creed, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, and ability.
California College of the Arts is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from individuals who will contribute to its diversity.
Please address any questions to email@example.com.
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/1931554.
Founded in 1907, California College of the Arts (CCA) is an independent art college with 21 undergraduate programs in architecture, design, fine arts, visual studies, and writing. The college also has graduate programs in architecture, comics, curatorial practice, design, design strategy, film, fine arts, visual and critical studies, and writing. Through these programs, the college has created a dynamic and interdisciplinary environment. Diverse cultural perspectives enrich the CCA community and the college believes that continuing to expand the horizons of the students and faculty is essential to achieving its educational objectives. With campuses in Oakland and San Francisco, CCA currently enrolls 1,950 full-time students.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.