Construction Project Manager (CPM) - Hello Housing
Independent Contractor Services
ROLE TITLE: Construction Project Manager (CPM)
CONTRACT SUPERVISOR: Vice President
JOB TYPE: Independent Contractor
PREPARED: March 1, 2020
SALARY: $75.00 - $85.00 Hourly
Hello Housing, a nonprofit housing organization in the Bay Area, is seeking a highly capable independent contractor who has skills and experience in managing residential rehabilitation projects as well as new single-family construction. This person will work closely with Hello Housing's Vice President and would serve as Hello Housing's representative in all construction management functions for Hello Housing's Bright in Your Own Backyard-Second Unit Program, which will provide direct support to homeowners seeking to add second units or ADU's to their primary home throughout San Mateo County.
We are seeking a Construction Project Manager who is able to perform the following duties:
• Conduct research on jurisdiction-specific ADU building requirements, process and entitlement costs;
• Have an in depth understanding of different ADU construction types;
• Develop construction project specifications to include various second unit modalities;
• Conduct initial meeting with planning and building departments for specific homeowner projects and prepare project feedback overview;
• Support homeowner in obtaining professional bids and walking professional parties through the project details during site visits;
• Work with the homeowner and third-party professionals to refine cost estimates;
• Track permit submittals, coordinate responses to plan check comments and escalate permit challenges to Hello staff;
• Facilitate contract between homeowner and third-party hired professionals;
• Perform site visits as needed during construction to ensure that the project is on schedule and being built to specifications;
• Communicate project status updates regularly to the Vice President in a timely manner; identify and escalate challenges or roadblocks for immediate action;
• Provide feedback on the quality of workmanship performed by third parties and advocate for high quality work on behalf of the owner; and,
• Review contractor payment requests and verify work has been completed in accordance with the contract and to the owner's satisfaction for each request.
Experience with residential housing, construction, architecture and/or engineering is desirable.
Having knowledge of the following is important:
• Construction materials, construction techniques, and methods; and
• Cost of materials, labor and preparation of cost estimates,
• Work effectively with homeowners and contractors,
• Present ideas and problems clearly to property owners; and
• Solid computer literacy with Microsoft Office Suite programs, such as Word, Excel, and Outlook.
If you are interested in a unique opportunity to put your skills to work and support critical housing stability, prevent unnecessary displacement of long-term residence and seek a flexible work schedule, please reach out.
To apply for the position, please submit your resumes and cover letter to:
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/1866937
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.