Project Coordinator (7376U) - CoE/College Relations
At the University of California, Berkeley, we are committed to creating a community that fosters equity of experience and opportunity, and ensures that students, faculty, and staff of all backgrounds feel safe, welcome and included. Our culture of openness, freedom and belonging make it a special place for students, faculty and staff.
The University of California, Berkeley, is one of the world's leading institutions of higher education, distinguished by its combination of internationally recognized academic and research excellence; the transformative opportunity it provides to a large and diverse student body; its public mission and commitment to equity and social justice; and its roots in the California experience, animated by such values as innovation, questioning the status quo, and respect for the environment and nature. Since its founding in 1868, Berkeley has fueled a perpetual renaissance, generating unparalleled intellectual, economic and social value in California, the United States and the world.
We are looking for equity-minded applicants who represent the full diversity of California and who demonstrate a sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds present in our community. When you join the team at Berkeley, you can expect to be part of an inclusive, innovative and equity-focused community that approaches higher education as a matter of social justice that requires broad collaboration among faculty, staff, students and community partners. In deciding whether to apply for a position at Berkeley, you are strongly encouraged to consider whether your values align with our https://strategicplan.berkeley.edu/guiding-values-and-principles/, our https://diversity.berkeley.edu/principles-community, and https://strategicplan.berkeley.edu/https://strategicplan.berkeley.edu
Application Review Date
The First Review Date for this job is: 3/4/20
The College of Engineering at UC Berkeley is recognized for its educational and research excellence, consistently ranking among the top three Engineering colleges in the United States. With more than 225 regular faculty members, nearly 6,000 graduate students and undergraduate students, Engineering is the second largest college on the Berkeley campus. The College is composed of seven top academic departments and numerous innovative research centers spanning the fields of nanotechnology, computer science, energy, new health care technologies, the environment and much more.
The Executive and Professional Education (EPE) Team supports the College of Engineering's core priorities through non-degree educational programs designed to reach working engineers, executives, and those looking to transition to technology-related positions and careers. In marketing these programs, the EPE team outreaches to Berkeley Engineering corporate and institutional partners and other collaborators. During the most recently completed fiscal year, FY2018-19, the EPE Team produced $4.9 million in revenue from a wide range of programs. During the current year, the EPE Team is projected to produce $9.6 million in revenue.
The Project Coordinator is a key member of the EPE Team, supporting the College's EPE program and contributing to the team's core revenue focus areas. The position reports to the Executive Assistant Dean of Strategic Priorities. Responsibilities include developing materials for educational programs; organizing related programs and projects; tracking the performance of the program; and administrative duties.
40% Project Coordination and Operations:
• Maintains EPE website and marketing materials. Designs new materials as needed.
• Provides onsite assistance and information to international visitors/guests as needed.
• Responsible for program logistics/execution, such as event planning (securing venues and caterers), interfacing with attendees and vendors, and ensuring that all invoices and guest speakers are paid.
• Available and present all day on days when EPE programs are being offered.
• Interfaces with potential students. Follows up on inquiries from incoming email and calls to facilitate students' enrollment process.
• Oversees key aspects of Executive Education office operations, supplies, and outreach programs.
• Responsible for administrative support for Executive Education including interfacing with ERSO, Finance, College of Engineering Marketing and other Berkeley offices as needed.
25% Writing, Reports, and Other Support:
• Drafts, transcribes, proofreads, edits and maintains correspondence and reports; responds to written inquiries; assists with the preparation, proofreading and editing of reports and proposals; maintains on-line and hard copy filing systems; screens, prioritizes, and follows up on phone calls; assists with PowerPoint and other formal presentations.
• Conduct or obtain research on individuals and companies to identify/qualify new program prospects or to support proposal development.
• Assess office procedures and practices, recommend enhancements for efficiency and effectiveness, and manage implementation.
• Oversees the ordering of office supplies including marketing materials and BearBuy purchases.
• Assists with completing transactional processes, including, but not limited to, travel reimbursements, entertainment and non-entertainment reimbursements, and purchase orders.
15% Special Projects and Other Duties as Assigned by the Executive Assistant Dean
• Effective communication and interpersonal skills to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing.
• Excellent organizational skills and ability to multi-task to meet short timelines and changing priorities.
• Ability to use discretion and maintain confidentiality.
• Ability to use sound judgment in responding to issues and concerns.
• Ability to prioritize work assignments.
• Ability to work efficiently and ensure timely delivery of work products.
• Service orientated, ability to work independently, experience with MS Office Suite.
• Bachelor's degree in related area and/or equivalent experience/training.
• In-Design and Adobe suite experience highly preferred.
• Working knowledge of common campus-specific and other computer application programs.
For information on the comprehensive benefits package offered by the University visit:
• Starting salary commensurate with experience.
• Please submit your cover letter and resume as a single attachment when applying.
Conviction History Background
This is a designated position requiring fingerprinting and a background check due to the nature of the job responsibilities. Berkeley does hire people with conviction histories and reviews information received in the context of the job responsibilities. The University reserves the right to make employment contingent upon successful completion of the background check.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. For more information about your rights as an applicant see: http://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf
For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see:
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/1849783
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.