Getty Communications seeks a Social Media Producer to join the Digital Content Strategy team. Together with the Social Media Lead and Social Media Manager, the social media team is responsible for developing and producing compelling stories about art, art history, conservation, cultural heritage, and Getty work broadly, and with engaging directly with our social community.
The Social Media Producer will work closely with the rest of the Digital Content Strategy team—and with colleagues across Communications and across the entire Getty organization—in pitching and developing stories that can connect and resonate with our digital audiences on our video, editorial, and social platforms including Getty's blog, website, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
The Producer should have a strong sense of audience and story, and bring writing and photography skills to the job. Editorial skills, such as copyediting and proofreading, are a strong plus.
- Develop social media content — text and visuals — according to the Getty's brand and voice guidelines for various platforms, including blog/news and social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram)
- Adapt news and announcements for enthusiast audiences on social media, creating versions specific to the features, audiences, and norms of Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
- Contribute to social media calendar
- Contribute to communications plans around major Getty exhibitions, events, initiatives, and projects, and track and report progress as content is created
- Coordinate with editors, marketing and public relations colleagues, and subject matter experts across the organization
- Assist in asset development and track due dates for publishing on social media
- Assist with community management across social channels
- Assist with gathering analytics on social media posts
- Assist with strategy and capturing for live social content at events
- Bachelor's degree preferably related to digital media or journalism
- At least two years of full-time social media experience for a complex organization
- A portfolio of original, creative social media work