Voices for Virginia’s Children (“Voices”) seeks to hire an enthusiastic, mission-driven Chief Executive Officer to lead this dynamic organization. An ideal candidate is one who is passionate about, and dedicated to, improving children’s well-being, and who has an ability to inspire, engage, and lead others in furthering the mission, vision, and work of Voices. Voices’ mission is to champion public policies that improve the lives of Virginia’s children.
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Enhance and maintain a healthy work culture and ensure opportunities for collective learning, creative problem solving, and collaborative decision making
- Building organizational capacity including revenue, systems, policies, and procedures
- Provide fiscal management, financial stewardship, and strategy
- Represent and promote Voices for Virginia’s Children in the Commonwealth and national arenas as a nonpartisan, independent, and respected voice for children and families
- Alongside policy staff, develop and maintain relationships between Voices and external stakeholders including, but not limited to the Virginia General Assembly, the governor and administration and advocacy partners
- Cultivate, solicit, and steward individual major donors to increase the unrestricted funding for the organization, supported by the organization’s development team and in partnership with board members
Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of ten years of progressive experience in leadership and management. Experience in child welfare, children’s health, early childhood, or other work focused on child advocacy is a plus.
- A successful track record of actively demonstrating and integrating racial equity and inclusion into all aspects of an organization’s programs and operations and a proven ability to foster an inclusive environment.
- As the leader of a large organization that relies primarily on private funding, the next CEO should be prepared to adapt to changes strategically and creatively in the political landscape or the economy as they occur. We are seeking a confident fundraiser with a track record of success with private funders; and an experienced administrator who knows how to work with multiple stakeholders to get things done efficiently and effectively.
Salary and Benefits
- Competitive salary with a benefits package that includes health/dental insurance, 401(k), paid holidays, and personal time/vacation.
Voices has retained the services of Warren Whitney to assist with this search. For best consideration this position, please send your resume, cover letter and salary requirements before March 15, 2020.
At Voices, we don’t just accept difference – we celebrate it, support it, and thrive on it for the benefit of our team and the communities we serve. Voices is an equal opportunity employer and as such, we do not discriminate against any team member or candidate because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, or any other basis protected by law. We encourage all to apply because we believe a diversity of voices leads to better discussions, decisions, and outcomes for everyone.