Position Title: Assistant Director of New Student & Family Programs
Pos. #10012735 (Req. # STA002628)
Position Summary: Office of Admissions. The Assistant Director of New Student & Family Programs leads new undergraduate student orientation and undergraduate family programming for all campuses of the university.
• Performs related duties as assigned to support the mission of the University.
• Coordinates new student orientation programming (SOAR) for three campuses of the University.
• Supervises two orientation program coordinators and two student orientation teams to transition new students to all three campuses.
• Supervises Administrative Assistant and multiple student staff to assist with daily operations.
• Collaborates closely with Academic Affairs and Academic Advising for orientation programming.
• Leads the SOAR Advisory Council, a team of university constituents, to plan and assess orientation programming.
• Supervises one graduate assistant who works with family programming.
• Manages online orientation through a third-party software system for all incoming students as a supplement (or substitution for some) to campus-based SOAR.
• Creates and analyzes regular assessments of programming to best serve students and families.
• Plans and implements family programming on three campuses to serve needs of student families and supporters (i.e., Family Weekends, Off-Campus Social Events).
• Advises the Parent & Family Association and Council, the dues-paying family organization.
• Serves on Admissions leadership team to shape and implement the University’s strategic enrollment management plan for new undergraduate students.
• Provides effective budget management, overseeing multiple complex budgets.
Georgia Southern University is a Tobacco and Smoke-Free Community.
Minimum Requirements: Bachelor’s Degree; three or more years of related work experience; effective communication (verbal and written), organization and human relations skills; ability to work well in a diverse environment; proficiency with computer and Microsoft Office Applications software including word processing, spreadsheets, and databases; legally authorized to work in the United States; successful completion of background investigation prior to employment.
Preferred Education: Master’s Degree in Higher Education/Student Services.
Preferred Experience: Six or more years of related work experience; experience with orientation programming and supervising employees.
Salary Range: $44,400 - $56,600
Application Deadline: 02/18/2020
To apply, visit: https://apptrkr.com/1793798