Coordinator of Scholarships and Events
Georgia Southern University
Requisition Number: STA002627
Department: 3900711100-Admissions, Office Of
Position Status: Full-Time
Office of Admissions. The Coordinator of Scholarships and Events manages the scholarship application and awarding process for new undergraduate students; assists in developing and executing daily campus visits and recruitment events both on- and off-campus to support the enrollment goals of the University.
● Performs related duties as assigned to support the mission of the University.
● Coordinates merit and need based aid for new undergraduate students to include the scholarship application, competitive award interview events, and awarding.
● Develops and maintains collaborative relationships with the Honors College faculty and staff.
● Advises the Honors Ambassador team, a group of Honors College volunteers who provide campus tours during scholarship events and assists with Honors College events.
● Serves as the liaison for Admissions to Financial Aid, GS Foundation, and Business Services regarding scholarships and non-resident tuition waivers.
● Manages communication plans for scholarship eligible students and scholarship recipients.
● Informs and counsels students, supporters, school counselors, and others on the scholarship process and Honors College to include high school visits, information sessions, private meetings, phone calls, emails, recruitments, and more.
● Assists with the supervision and coordination of admissions on-campus events; including daily visits, group tours, Eagle Previews, Transfer Fridays, Start Nows, counselor breakfasts and visit days, and accepted students days.
● Assists with planning and implementation of off-campus events, including counselor luncheons, information nights, and Eagle Previews.
● Assists in advising the Southern Ambassador student organization (volunteer tour guides) who primarily work Admissions events, and assists with other department tour requests.
● Serves as counselor on call and gives daily information sessions and campus tours to visitors; provides information about the University to prospective students and their families.
Georgia Southern University is a Tobacco and Smoke-Free Community.
Minimum Education Required:
Could a level of job-related experience higher than the minimum required for the position substitute for the minimum level of education?: No
Minimum Experience Required:
Three or more years of related work experience
Could a level of education higher than the minimum required for the position substitute for the minimum level of job-related experience?: No
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
Effective communication (verbal and written), organization and human relations skills; ability to work well in a diverse environment; proficiency with computer and Microsoft Office Applications software including word processing, spreadsheets, and databases; legally authorized to work in the United States; successful completion of background investigation prior to employment.
Master’s Degree in higher education or a related field.
Experience with higher education admissions.
Salary Range: up to $40,000
Job Open Date: 01/28/2020
Job Closing Date: 2/18/2020
Special Instructions Summary:
To apply, visit: https://apptrkr.com/1792942
Georgia Southern University provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, age, veteran status, political affiliation, or disability. Individuals in need of reasonable accommodations under the Americans with Disabilities Act to participate in the search process should notify Human Resources: (912) 478-5468 or HR-TDD: (912) 478-0791.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.