Overall responsibility for assigned units within Corporate Services. Evaluate and make recommendations that will improve efficiency and service for the unit. Supervisor responsibilities to include staffing, training and development, performance management, and work force planning. Assist in the planning needs of the unit related to budget, equipment, and future initiatives.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Overall responsibility for the unit, providing timely, efficient, and accurate handling of all unit functions. Set priorities for the team and provide guidance and direction to team members.
- Supervisor/Manager responsibilities may include all of the following:
- Staffing needs, to include interviewing and onboarding for new employees.
- Training and development, as well as coaching and motivation for staff.
- Performance management, goal setting, employee engagement, and salary administration.
- Workforce management to include: unit equipment, software, and space needs, approving time off and overtime usage, and budget recommendations.
- Provide recommendations to improve efficiency and service in unit workflow processes and implement cost control and reduction procedures.
- Educate and market services provided by the unit across Church Mutual, including requirements for use. Keep unit staff informed of any changes and updates.
- Provide reports to management.
- Actively participate in company projects as assigned, working with other departments, vendors or service providers as necessary.
- Participate in the development of the unit’s annual goals and objectives and support of the annual budget. Evaluate unit needs and request equipment, software, personnel needs, training, and new initiatives as necessary. Monitor overtime usage of the unit.
- Ability to stay current with knowledge of software and equipment used in the department and Church Mutual.
- Ability to analyze work processes and make improvements.
- Ability to provide effective training sessions for all levels of individuals.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, multitask environment and to adapt to frequent changes.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to deal with people internally and externally and at all levels.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Strong leadership qualities in a team environment.
- Ability to research, understand, and remain aware of changes in related fields.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
- Supervisory course work will be considered a plus, as will insurance industry course work.
- Prior experience supervising or leading staff is preferred. Equivalent experience may be considered.
- Previous experience with any one or more of the following specialty areas is highly desired: postal regulations, high-volume production printing, advanced Microsoft Office, records/imaging.
Church Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.