Amsted Rail is the world’s leading provider of fully integrated bogie systems for the heavy haul freight market, with facilities spanning 40 locations across 10 countries and 6 continents. Through their state-of-the-art manufacturing processes, Amsted Rail is redefining industry standards for innovation and technology, providing customers worldwide with unmatched performance and reliability for the long haul.
The Employee Benefits Specialist is responsible for ensuring accurate, timely and professional benefits administration across a variety of benefit programs, while providing exceptional service to our employees, retirees and family members as they seek to understand and utilize their benefit plans. The Employee Benefits Specialist will further be responsible for ensuring employees understand their benefits programs, eligibility and how to leverage them, utilizing a variety of communication methods, including but not limited to: print and online marketing materials (i.e. brochures, newsletters, postings), training sessions (in person, online, pre-recorded) and one-on-one.
- Lead efforts to ensure employees understand the offered benefit programs, eligibility and how to leverage them, as well as help them appreciate the value of their total compensation package. This will include: develop print and online marketing materials (i.e. brochures, newsletters, posting), training sessions (in person, online, pre-recorded) and one-on-one support as needed
- Enroll new hires, process terminations, assist with retirement applications, support annual enrollment and/or other benefit status changes
- Function as a day-to-day contact for employees with questions and issues regarding various employee benefit programs
- Communicate with all benefit carriers to resolve claim disputes, or enrollment/eligibility issues
- Assist in processing applications for request for benefits under the Hourly Retired Pension Plans
- Process death claims and set up surviving spouse benefits under insurance and pension, if applicable
- Ensure compliance with benefits related to federal and state regulations such as COBRA, HIPAA, Qualified Medical Child Support Orders (QMCSO) and Qualified Domestic Relations Order (QDRO)
- Administers company-wide wellness program
- Large mailings periodically, such as Summary Annual Report, Open Enrollment, etc.
POSITION REQUIREMENTS (Education, Experience and Qualifications):
- 2 years of experience in a Benefits or HR role, responsible for administration of all benefits and retirement programs, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-and long- term disability, and 401 (k) plan
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Office, especially Excel, Access and Word
- Excellent organizational skills with ability to excel at timeliness and accuracy at all times, including during times of multi-tasking and interruptions
- Ability to travel up to 25% at times (i.e. during annual enrollment)
- Additional preferences:
- Advanced benefits certifications (CBP, CEBS)
- Experience using marketing software programs to design attractive newsletters and training/e-learning materials
- Bachelor’s degree
PROFESSIONAL SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Ability to exercise discretion and maintain strict confidentiality
- Instills trust with others through personal communication style, approachability, professionalism, accuracy and follow-through on commitments and deadlines
- Deep functional expertise to ensure depth of understanding of benefit programs for different pools of employees, retirees and family members
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Strong desire to help others with effectiveness in diffusing emotional conflicts, resolving disputes and clarifying information for employees, retirees and family members
- High degree of organizational skills with an eye toward improving processes and methods of work, leveraging automation and technology to simplify and drive consistency
- Creative in use of tools to improve employee understanding of benefit programs, making information readily available and digestible at time of need
- Marketing skills highly valuable to assist in delivering of information in new and creative ways for multi-generational workforce
ABOUT AMSTED RAIL
We are a privately held, 100% employee-owned company! As an Amsted Rail employee, you are an owner. Our commitment to employee’s professional satisfaction includes creating space and opportunities to be creative and an integral part of our innovation journey and business success; for employee’s personal fulfillment, we invest in everyone’s growth and development while ensuring a work environment that values them as an individual, with their unique set of strengths and beliefs.
Amsted Rail is an industry leader that can offer more than a chance to succeed. Through our competitive wages, outstanding benefits, and internal development and advancement opportunities, you will have the chance to create a career of which you can be proud, whether inside Amsted Rail or within one of our other five businesses within Amsted Industries.
Benefits include being an employee-owner participating in our ESOP program and benefiting from an additional full range of benefits including medical, dental, vision and 401(k) with employer matching.