Amsted Rail is the world’s leading manufacturer of undercarriage and end of car rail components for heavy haul freight railcars and locomotives. Our company focus for more than a century has been on providing the most innovative products and integrated systems to meet the needs of the global heavy haul freight rail industry. For more than a century, Griffin® has been the proven leader in railroad wheel quality, design and service. We have five wheel plants – four in the US and one in Canada. As a result of a recent promotion we have an opening for a Manager, General/International Accounting at our Amsted Rail - Wheel Division General Officelocated in Overland Park, KS.
Position Summary: Support wheel joint ventures reporting by establishing and fostering relationships, interpreting and integrating financial results into Amsted Rail business results, coordinating monthly meetings, plan preparation, and general support for venture initiatives.
- Help analyze monthly international results against plan, identifying risks and opportunities for improvement
- Lead monthly consolidation and ensure GAAP compliance for certain international ventures
- Assist with financial models to help in decision-making
- Prepare routine and ad-hoc reports and presentations, communicate results and key findings
- Help monitor timely and accurate completion of statutory reporting requirements across a number of international entities with the Director of Finance
- Coordinate with local finance/operations teams to analyze monthly results, business reporting requirements and process issues
- Participate in the integration of new international joint ventures and acquisitions
- Lead the preparation and submission of select international locations’ annual and quarterly forecasts
- Develop open communication and productive relationships with finance, operations and international group
- Perform other related duties and ad-hoc projects as required
- BA/BS in Finance or Accounting, MBA preferred with 2+ years in Finance, Accounting or related field. Working knowledge of: Equity method JV accounting; Full absorption accounting for manufacturing; Foreign currency implications and Financial bridging – price/volume/mix
- Self-managed and motivated with a strong desire to succeed and achieve goals. Takes ownership of assigned responsibilities and tasks. Team player, recognizes and supports team goals over individual goals
- Strong analytical and interpersonal skills, global perspective; written and oral communication skills; Microsoft Office skills: PowerPoint, Excel, Word. Knowledge of SAP a plus.
- Ability and willingness to travel required. Will vary but could be >50% at times.
- Ability to be multilingual with knowledge of Chinese and/or Portuguese preferred, but not required
Amsted Rail is an industry leader that can offer more than a chance to succeed. This is where you can thrive. Our environment is energetic, our people are motivated and our career paths can take you where you want to go. We pride ourselves on being the market leader as well as having a management philosophy that promotes a culture of dignity and respect for all our employees.
We offer a comprehensive benefit package that includes medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance as well as a retirement package that includes 5% match on 401k contributions and an employee stock ownership program.
Amsted Rail is a Drug Free and Equal Opportunity Employer
Bachelor's Degree, M.B.A.