The Asset Manager position is part-time, permanent and non-exempt. The main duties are to manage the day-to-day operations of ROSE’s real estate portfolio, which include affordable housing, commercial space, and the ROSE office building. The Asset Manager works with contract accountants, property managers, and vendors, as well as ROSE Real Estate and Resident Assets staff members. Education and/or experience in real estate or accounting is required.
- Ensure the physical and financial performance of ROSE rental housing, which currently consists of eleven apartments and 16 single-family/plex properties.
- Oversee and monitor property management company in day-to-day operation of apartment properties.
- Assist in development of budgets with Director of Real Estate and property management company.
- Review monthly property financials, monitor revenues and maintenance expenses with portfolio manager.
- Maintain monthly property performance dashboard and other reports for management and the Board of Directors.
- Manage yearly property tax exemption applications, yearly compliance reports to funders and approval of reports sent to funders by Management Company
- Assist Director of Real Estate with short-term and long-term planning for properties including capital expenditures.
- Support the Real Estate Team’s efforts to secure financing for new development and acquisition/rehab, loan applications, requests for proposals, etc.
- Advance ROSE’s equity work plan to provide equitable access to ROSE housing and programs.
- Collaborate with other ROSE staff and contractors on management, accounting, resident services and other activities.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Working knowledge of asset management, real estate, and accounting functions.
- Education, training and/or professional or life experience in real estate, asset and property management, and accounting.
- Ability to communicate with compassion and calmly manage conflict.
- Ability to multi-task, solve problems and handle stressful situations.
- Professional interaction with staff, property management company personnel, residents, contractors, vendors, and colleagues.
- Expertise with Excel, other Microsoft Office software, and Outlook.
- Reliable transportation, valid driver’s license, and proof of insurance.
- Bi-lingual in English and Spanish, Chinese, Vietnamese, Somali or Eastern European languages.
Reports to Director of Real Estate. Part-time, flexible schedule, 20-30 hours per week. Available some evenings and weekends, including responses to property emergencies.
Wage range from $30.00-35.00 per hours. Pro-rated benefits include medical, vision, dental and life insurance, paid vacation, sick leave, and employer contribution to retirement savings.
Submit a cover letter, resume, and completed ROSE application by Thursday, February 6 at 5:00 pm Pacific time. The position will remain open until filled. No phone calls, please.
Find application materials at: https://rosecdc.org/job-opening-asset-manager-3/
ROSE Community Development provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression or any other extraneous consideration not directly and substantively related to effective performance.