Business Development Coordinator - Seattle, WA or Mountain View, CA
Schwabe, Williamson & Wyatt, a leading Pacific Northwest law firm with over 180 attorneys across eight offices, is seeking a Business Development Coordinator to work closely with the firm's Client Relations Team and support the Industry Group Managers (IGM).
This is an exciting opportunity for the right candidate as Schwabe has transformed to serve clients by industry. Our understanding of six key industry sectors—Healthcare and Life Sciences; Manufacturing, Distribution and Retail; Natural Resources; Real Estate and Construction; Technology; and Transportation, Ports and Maritime —allows us to help clients achieve success through ideas, advice, and exceptional legal counsel. We are looking for someone with a strong work ethic and initiative who is eager to work with us in supporting the firm’s strategic plan. The Client Relations team is fast-paced and dynamic, seeking a team member with fresh ideas who is eager to embrace evolution to better serve our clients and innovate within the legal marketing and business development fields.
The role will entail the following:
● Pitches and Marketing Collateral: Assist with the production and review of pitch materials, RFP responses, PowerPoint presentations, e-blasts, press releases, internal communications, and other materials.
● Research: Collaborate with Knowledge Management to conduct and disseminate research/gather intelligence for prospect/client presentations, RFPs/proposals, competitive intelligence, etc.
● Contact Relationship Management: Update contact information for clients, alumni, and friends of the firm in interaction, the firm’s contact management database.
● Pipeline Management: Track and capture all relevant information on client and prospect RFPs and proposals.
● Sponsorships: Work with IGM to strategically fill tables with the correct attendees, both internal and external.
● Website: Update and maintain attorney biographies and other website/intranet content.
● Public Relations: Work with IGM to effectively promote industry initiatives/events/partnerships, etc.
● Client Engagement: Assist team in event logistics, execute event deliverables, attend and staff events as needed.
● Writing: Attend educational tours/seminars and produce client-focused content to highlight takeaways.
● Meetings and Follow up: Assist in the planning and scheduling of meetings, including arranging logistics to ensure proper audio/visual and catering set-up.
● Budgeting: Submit budget requests through Concur; send check requests for vendors, sponsorships, etc.
● Other administrative duties and responsibilities as assigned.
● The ideal candidate has a strong work ethic, shows initiative, is detail-oriented, and is a self-starter with excellent writing and communication skills.
● Bachelor’s Degree in marketing, communications, business or related field with at least two years of experience.
● Strong writing and communication skills.
● Project management and organizational skills are key to success.
● Diplomacy, tact and ability to maintain confidentiality.
● Ability to operate in a fast-paced environment and to juggle multiple priorities/projects.
● Special awareness around delivering exceptional client service.
● Proficient in MS Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, etc.).
Interested and qualified candidates should submit a resume and cover letter to the Hiring Manager at Recruiting@schwabe.com. Please also clarify which office you are applying to.
Schwabe, Williamson & Wyatt provides a team-oriented working environment, offering competitive salaries and excellent benefits including medical, dental, life, LTD, 401(k)/profit sharing retirement, tuition reimbursement, EAP, transit subsidy, and paid time off.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, sex, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or other status protected by law.