MCEDSV is dedicated to the empowerment of all the state's survivors of domestic and sexual violence. Our mission is to develop and promote efforts aimed at the elimination of all domestic and sexual violence in Michigan.
MCEDSV is Michigan's catalyst for creating empowered and transformed individuals, communities, and societies committed to building a lasting legacy of equality, peace and social justice, where domestic and sexual violence no longer exists.
- Position Overview:
MCEDSV is currently a medium sized, technologically sophisticated nonprofit. The technology manager is responsible for the maintenance of hotline operations and ensuring security and confidentiality of all data from the rest of the agency. This key member of the team is expected to maintain a consistent office schedule in order to interact with staff regularly and troubleshoot any technological issues that may arise. This position is responsible for the delivery of solutions around office technology and equipment agency wide- servers, desktops, laptops, networked printers/scanner, mobile devices, projector, website, etc.
The Technology Manager must:
- Maintain awareness of industry best practices and be able to make recommendations based on such.
- Track depreciation and take inventory of all technology and equipment.
- Have the ability to update and manage servers, software, back-up systems and QuickBooks; as well as the ability to manage the back end of website (WordPress), Outlook, Salesforce, Little Green Light and other agency database/software.
- Trouble shoot any issues that arise with the phone system, server and relevant equipment.
- Administrator responsibilities of new hire onboarding, staff exiting, list serve set-up and support, voicemail system management, and technology vendor management.
- Candidate must demonstrate critical thinking, logical problem-solving ability, and a willingness to learn and has good interpersonal skills for working with staff on a regular basis.
- An understanding of feminist theory/domestic and sexual violence preferred; an interest in professional development around anti-oppression work a must.
- BS in computer science or equivalent experience.
- Two years related experience, and excellent command of modern office software; Microsoft Office Suite & trouble-shooting of Word, Excel, and Outlook, as well as knowledge of back end website (WordPress) maintenance.
- Ability and understanding of the necessity of confidentiality and experience with firewalls and encryption.
- Good customer experience required.
- Understanding of the unique needs of nonprofits preferred (including grant compliance, social justice and nonprofit budget constraints).
- Commitment to social justice preferred.
- Salary $60,000 DOE
Minority, Transgender, LGB and nontraditional applicants encouraged to apply.
Computer Network Security, Database Administration, Digital Content Development, IT Project Management