The Director is a critical leader on the Workforce Solutions team and supervises a team of consultants based in Indianapolis and across the country. The Director is involved in organizational and departmental leadership and project leadership including scope development, proposal and business development, business strategy activities, and report writing and preparation. The Director will report to the Vice President of Workforce Solutions & Innovation, and work with the Vice President and other Directors within Workforce Solutions (Director of Evaluation and Director of Business and Industry Solutions) to pursue business leads, grow new and existing lines of business, and develop innovative approaches to projects, both within the practice area and as subject matter expert across other areas of work in the firm. This position is required to be based in Indianapolis, Indiana.
Skills and Abilities:
- Strong knowledge of workforce development landscape—programs, funding streams, key stakeholders, best practices, and emerging trends
- Ability and proven experience identifying client needs and develop strategic workforce solutions and strategies for local workforce areas, non-profit organizations, and other stakeholders
- Strong project management skills to be applied in customer-oriented environment
- Strong written and verbal skills and ability to prioritize work and adapt to changing environment
- Strong interpersonal skills; possess the ability to communicate professionally and persuasively to many different audiences
- Proven ability to supervise, motivate, and support the success of a team of consultants in practice area
- Experience working across practice areas
- Ability to accomplish goals with cross-area teams and with limited supervision or oversight
Job Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Works with the Vice President and other Directors to establish, maintain and modify the staffing structure of the practice area as required to compete and grow the area’s designated service lines.
- Work with other Directors to provide oversight to the practice area’s strategic, marketing, business development or other plans and reporting progress to the Vice President on a regular basis.
- Assignment of staff to tasks related to the development and implementation of practice area plans.
- Work with other Directors to provide oversight to practice area’s achievement of revenue goals, utilization goals, subject matter expertise, and capacity to complete contracted and high probability work.
- Work with other Directors to develop and maintain a WSI list of preferred subcontractors, including evaluation of their work and areas of expertise.
- Develop scopes of work and coach junior staff on the development of proposals, including scopes, project understandings, budgets and other elements of successful proposals.
- Work with other Directors for Go/No-Go discussions in collaboration with the BDAM Team and Vice President.
- Lead and manage projects ensure on-time/ in-budget project completion.
- Directly and indirectly supervise members of the practice area team at multiple levels
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Education/ Training & Experience:
- Bachelors degree or higher in public administration, economics, statistics or related field
- Minimum 7 years of experience in economic/community development or related area including 5 years of management experience.
Salary and Benefits
Salary for this position is based on the candidate’s experience, and employee medical, dental, vision and life coverages are provided at no cost. Interested applicants should submit all the following materials: cover letter, resume, work sample, and salary requirements. Please send materials to Gracie Reiff, HR Partner firstname.lastname@example.org In order to be considered for this position, application materials must be received by January 3, 2020.
TPMA does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.