Director, Charlton Center for Responsible Investing
The College of Business Administration at the University of Detroit Mercy seeks a full-time Director to launch and lead its new Charlton Center for Responsible Investing. The Center supplements the academic components of the Finance program through student recruitment, technology integration, promotion and fundraising, student credentialing, and internship and job placement assistance.
The Charlton Center Director will primarily:
* Recruit graduate and undergraduate students, especially minorities, to the Finance program;
* Collaborate with faculty to integrate technology such as artificial intelligence or blockchain into coursework;
* Assist Finance students in securing internships and professional employment;
* Establish and manage a speaker series featuring prominent investment experts;
* Support field trips to financial institutions, investment competitions, and professional certifications for students;
* Assist the Center for Social Entrepreneurship Director in supporting a Social Innovation Fund;
* Develop and oversee a student-run newsletter for regional distribution;
* Actively pursue fundraising efforts to support Charlton Center activities;
* Manage updates to the Financial Markets Lab equipment and software.
At a minimum, the successful candidate should have:
* A Bachelor’s degree in Business from an AACSB-accredited institution;
* At least five years of professional experience in business;
* Familiarity with current technology and trends in investments;
* An understanding of the requirements for professional certifications such as CFA or CFP;
* The ability to work successfully with diverse populations of students, faculty, and alumni;
* The highest ethical standards;
* A willingness to actively support the faith-based mission and identity of a Catholic business school;
* A goal-orientation and flexibility in dealing with unanticipated events;
* Excellent oral and written communication skills, along with excellent presentation skills;
* Eligibility to work in the United States.
Preferred (but not required) credentials
In addition to the above requirements, the following credentials are desirable:
* An MBA or Master’s degree in Finance, or a CFA or CFP designation;
* Experience in fundraising and management of donor relations;
* Experience in student recruitment;
* Five or more years of experience in the corporate or retail investment field.
Applicants should submit a cover letter, resume, and contact information for two references online at https://apptrkr.com/1600010. Applications will be accepted through December 3, 2019. The anticipated start date for this position is March 2, 2020.
Michigan’s largest, most comprehensive private university, the University of Detroit Mercy is an independent Catholic institution of higher education sponsored by the Religious Sisters of Mercy and the Society of Jesus. The University seeks qualified candidates who will contribute to the University’s mission, diversity, and academic excellence. The University of Detroit Mercy is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer with a diverse faculty and student body, and welcomes persons of all backgrounds. More information is available at http://udmercy.edu and http://business.udmercy.edu .