Enterprise is a proven and powerful nonprofit that improves communities and people’s lives by making well-designed homes affordable. The Knowledge, Impact and Strategy (KIS) department at Enterprise uses data to inform community development strategies and demonstrate the impact of Enterprise’s work across the country. KIS also manages Enterprise’s Opportunity360 platform, designed to provide actionable location intelligence to community partners working to building inclusive, resilient communities.
The Knowledge, Impact and Strategy department is hiring a Program Officer to help our internal and external partners become better users and consumers of data, provide insights into changing neighborhood and regional conditions, and support Enterprise programs through rigorous program evaluations that use both quantitative and qualitative data sources.
The Program Officer must have experience in evaluation and data analysis methods and familiarity with key research issues in the housing and neighborhood development fields. They must be able to scope and manage projects, lead project teams, and provide advisory and technical expertise to other Enterprise departments and outside organizations. They must have strong teamwork and communication skills, be excited about learning and problem-solving, and have a passion for social equity.
The Program Officer will have the opportunity to work in a supportive and collaborative environment where individual contributions to projects are valued and team members are encouraged to develop and practice new skills. In addition, Enterprise has a deep commitment to advancing diversity, equity and inclusion as both a process and an outcome. Our goal is to become a model organization in demonstrating our commitment to all dimensions of diversity, equity and inclusion. We value the contributions and perspectives of all identities and cultures, including across race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, socio/economic status, religion, dis/ability, citizenship and age. We actively seek to increase the diversity of our workforce, which contributes to our organizational mission and address the needs of the diverse communities we serve and support.
- Support the full life-cycle of Enterprise’s evaluation and data analysis projects, including scoping and design, client management, data collection and analysis process, documentation, and presentation of findings.
- Provide technical assistance to internal or external partners through grants and consulting opportunities. Topics may include a variety of issues related to housing and community development, data and measurement, mapping and/or impact measurement.
- Advance Enterprise’s performance measurement efforts by contributing to the development, tracking and analysis of performance metrics.
- Analyze and demonstrate the impact of Enterprise and our partners by taking a lead role in designing and implementing analyses that evaluate trends in neighborhood conditions and investigate the impact of project- and portfolio-level housing and community development investments.
- Develop tools, reports and presentations that effectively communicate findings and organizational best practices to a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
- Use collaborative project management systems, as well as create and maintain proper documentation for key processes.
- Perform quality assurance reviews on work produced by other members of the team, in a cooperative manner that advances the department’s overall commitment to accuracy.
- Educational background in economics, statistics, geography, public policy, evaluation, nonprofit management, urban planning or another discipline that emphasizes analyzing and interpreting both quantitative and qualitative information.
- Knowledge of community development and/or housing policy issues, urban economics, demographics and/or real estate development, as well as how organizations can use data and evidence to measure performance.
- Experience helping organizations understand impact using key performance indicators and outcome-based metrics.
- Experience in project scoping, data collection, analysis and interpretation of findings on research projects, impact assessments and program evaluations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, especially in writing proposals or translating data for non-technical audiences.
- Strong organizational and project management skills.
- Excellent critical thinking and creative problem-solving.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills; ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Curiosity, desire for self-improvement, passion for social equity, and excitement about sharing new skills and knowledge.
Other Desired Qualifications
- Consulting experience or experience working with diverse, collaborative teams, virtually or in-person.
- Familiarity with standard statistical methods and software (such as R, SAS, Stata), spatial analysis and mapping platforms (Tableau, ArcGIS, leaflet, mapbox, ArcGIS Online), and/or databases (SQL databases, Access). Some experience with basic statistical or spatial methods is required, along with a desire to learn more in the position.
- Experience visually representing data.
- Experience using relational databases and/or geodatabases.
- Some knowledge of multivariate cluster analysis or machine learning techniques.
To apply, please provide a cover letter and resume, along with two relevant writing samples where you were the primary or sole contributor.