Purpose and Passion • Comprehensive Benefits • Life-Work Integration • Community • Career Growth
At Boston Scientific, you will find a collaborative culture driven by a passion for innovation that keeps us connected on the most essential level. With determination, imagination and a deep caring for human life, we’re solving some of the most important healthcare industry challenges. Together, we’re one global team committed to making a difference in people’s lives around the world. This is a place where you can find a career with meaningful purpose—improving lives through your life’s work.
About the Role
Promotes company products through education of current and potential customers within a defined area by providing clinical education, sales strategy and support in order to assist in achieving or exceeding projected sales goals and increasing sales revenues within assigned product lines.
Your Responsibilities include:
- Educates customers on the merits and proper clinical usage of company products by creating and delivering presentations and demonstrations using a wide variety of formats and platforms (e.g., slides, transparencies, manuals) to keep all customers abreast of the latest product, therapy, and technology developments and current items of interest in the industry.
- Meets with existing and potential clients (e.g., physicians, physician office groups at hospitals) by traveling (in an automobile or airplane) to identify their clinical needs, goals, and constraints related to patient care and to discuss and demonstrate and train them on how company products can help them to achieve their goals.
- Develops relationships with hospital personnel at all levels including staff, physicians, and administrators (e.g. through casual conversation, meetings, participation in creating conferences) to make new contacts in other departments within hospital and to identify key decision makers in order to facilitate future sales.
- Responds to customer needs and complaints regarding products and service by developing creative and feasible solutions or working with other related personnel (e.g., sales, clinical research, marketing, technical support) to develop optimal solutions.
- Provides direction and guidance to exempt specialists and/or supervisory staff who exercise significant latitude and independence in their assignments. Fosters a diverse workplace that enables all participants to contribute to their full potential in pursuit of area/organizational objectives.
- Demonstrates effective change leadership and builds strategic partnerships to better the area/organization by leveraging relationships with their peers, management and across WATCHMAN organization (Marketing, Training, and Strategic Planning).
- Assist management in recruiting and coaching organizational talent and demonstrates effective change leadership. Provides direction and guidance to exempt specialists and/or supervisory staff who exercise significant latitude and independence in their assignments.
- Implements and monitors strategies outlined by the quarterly plan of action for the area. POA champion supporting market development, product launch, and competitive product intelligence.
- Coordinates territory and other BSC sales management and representatives efforts to build strategic partnerships that will further area and organizational objectives.
- Develops relationships with key referring physicians, external fellows, NEPIs, other key physicians in order to promote market development and growth.
- Work with sales management to proactively identify strategic initiatives that improve the effectiveness of the area and organization.
- On-call duties may be necessary to support coverage.
Clinical Trial Responsibilities (If Applicable):
- Trains on and maintains knowledge of clinical trial protocols, Clinical Department standard operating procedures, and compliance toward the regulations of world-wide regulatory bodies to meet corporate and departmental objectives.
- Manages clinical trial activity within his/her assigned territory which includes but is not limited to completing Interest Visits and Site Initiation Visits.
- Educates clinical investigators on clinical trial protocols, clinical process, and investigational products and features.
What we are looking for in you:
- BA/BS required in related field plus minimum 8 yrs clinical work experience in the area of Cardiology within the medical device and/or pharmaceutical industry
- Must have a technical aptitude; be able to discuss & explain complex technical product information.
- Must be able to take rotational call on a 24/7/365 basis with a sales team.
- Must be able to work flexible hours, complete extensive training program.
- Work experience in the area of Structural Heart/Atrial Fibrillation desired
- Master's degree
As a global medical technology leader for more than 35 years, our mission at Boston Scientific (NYSE: BSX) is to transform lives through innovative medical solutions that improve the health of patients. If you’re looking to truly make a difference to people both around the world and around the corner, there’s no better place to make it happen.
Boston Scientific is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Requisition ID: 451034
Nearest Major Market: Tallahassee
Job Segment: Clinic, Medical, Law, Medical Technology, Patient Care, Healthcare, Legal