At HJI Supply Chain Solutions, diversity, inclusion, integrity, responsibility and stewardship are the basic building blocks for our family business. We deliver innovative, value-added solutions to the supply chain industry and incomparable customer value by embracing our employees’ unique talents, skills and abilities.
As the Systems Administrator, you’ll be responsible for maintaining the company's IT network, servers and security systems with integrity. You will be responsible for investigating and diagnosing network problems, coordinate with customers’ IT departments to resolve issues, making recommendations for improving the company's IT systems while carrying out routine configuration and installation of IT solutions. The IT Specialist will be expected to work on-call, if there are production impacting emergencies.
· Provide technical support for both hardware and software issues
· Manage the configuration and operation of computer operating systems
· Monitor the system daily and respond immediately to security or usability concerns
· Monitor and respond to user requests and system issues
· Upgrade systems and processes as required for enhanced functionality and security issue resolution
· Install, configure, and test all computer and laptop-related equipment.
· Maintain confidentiality of all system-related findings and report through appropriate channels
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
· Excellent people skills with the ability to handle difficult situations
· Excellent time management and organizational skills
· Ability to multitask and prioritize
· Ability to work with very minimal supervision
· Keen attention to detail, with a commitment to follow through and follow-up
· Must be able to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical audiences and interact with all types of clients including technology, business, management and executive management.
· Must be a self-starter with the ability to work independently and in a collaborative team environment
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
· 0-2 years’ experience in system administration
· Associate or higher degree in a related field
· Extensive experience with Windows environment
· Advanced knowledge of system vulnerabilities and security issues
· Basic understanding of WMS systems
· Ability to respond to help desk requests after hours on a limited basis
· Perform duties and make decisions under frequent time pressures
Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to make formal presentations required.
COMPUTER/SYSTEM RELATED SKILLS (required but not limited to)
Windows 10 pro
Windows Server 2012 and up
Office 365/Microsoft office suite
Meraki (Security, Switch, and Access Points)
Veeam Suite 9.5
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Demonstrates excellent analytical skills.
Maintain visual attention and mental concentration for extended periods of time. The physical demands described here are the representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 70 pounds??
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to computer screens using keyboard functions and other hand usage.
**The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change. The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.