Brentwood School inspires every student to:
Think critically and creatively.
Shape a future with meaning.
Brentwood School, a vibrant and diverse K-12 independent school, is seeking an Administrative Assistant for the Facilities Department.
Job Title: Administrative Assistant, Facilities
Reports To: Director of Facilities
Basic Purpose: The Facilities Administrative Assistant is responsible for providing administrative services to the Director of Facilities as well as supporting the success of the Facilities Department. This position serves as the first point of contact for matters related to the administration of the department including assisting in managing incoming enquiries and other day to day operations. This position will liaise and maintain strong, effective communications with all external and internal members of the Brentwood community, along with various external organizations. This role requires strong communication and customer service skills in a fast-paced and high energy environment. The individual will answer calls from faculty, staff, parents, vendors, general contractors, administrators, and others who are either asking questions or needing assistance on a facilities matter.
• Assist the Director of Facilities in the day-to-day activities including the coordination and management of meetings and schedules, and other general duties• Assist the Facilities Department with meeting management, record keeping, and reporting
• Respond to general inquiries. Forward inquires to various department coordinators as appropriate.
• Strong role in the management of the Facilities Computerize Maintenance Management System (CMMS)• Input data generated by the Director of Facilities into CMMS system
• Coordination meeting, conference calls, zoom meeting, booking meeting rooms, preparation of materials• Help to reconcile Facilities Credit Card. Input chart of account numbers into bank’s credit card online system, maintain receipts for all purchases, work with Business Office on issuing Purchases Orders
Experience, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities Required:
• Pass on information to Facilities Manager, Department Supervisors based on direction from Director of Facilities. Relays special instructions via two-way radio, or with other electronic methods.
• Uses Computer Maintenance and Management Software (CMMS) database to enter work, follow up on status and close out work orders.
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and other computer programs as needed.
• Maintain effective and professional working relations with parents, faculty, staff, administration and contractors• Maintains purchase orders and files for Facilities.
• Other duties as assigned
• Effectively communicates orally, in writing, and electronically
• Ability to maintain efficiency, organization, and flexibility in a strong service environment, sometimes under pressure, subject to frequently changing priorities
• Use of judgment, tact, diplomacy, and flexibility when working with all members of the Brentwood School Community
This list is representative of those duties and responsibilities that are required of this position. However, the list is not to be considered as all-inclusive. The Director of Facilities or others may assign other duties to meet the mission requirements of the School and cooperation of all personnel is expected to carry out the mission.
Physical Requirements and Work Environment:
• Regularly sit, talk, and hear• Regularly uses close and distance vision
Position requires adaptability, analyzing, assessing, calculating, decision making, dependability, good judgment, reading, memorizing, social skills, speaking, multitasking, and writing
Brentwood School is dedicated to the creation of a diverse faculty and staff that better represents our student body and the city of Los Angeles. Information about our school can be found at www.bwscampus.com. Please submit a letter of interest and a resume to:
Director of Facilities
100 S. Barrington Place
Los Angeles, CA 90049