Hyatt is looking for individuals to work from home as a Guest Service Associate.
Please note this position can only be worked remotely from the following states: Arizona, Colorado, Florida, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Louisiana, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah and Wisconsin.
Home Agent Guest Service Associates will provide Hyatt guests with exceptional customer service throughout the inbound reservation process. Home Agent Guest Service Associates must have high speed internet access and a quiet, secure workspace. Strong verbal and written communication skills, the ability to work independently, and have the aptitude and ability to successfully perform in a sales role, in union with a high degree of customer service orientation. A Home Agent Guest Service Associate must multi-task (talk, type, search multiple screens) without impact to the guest. Must be computer savvy and have the ability to type and utilize keyboard functions to navigate multiple programs and screens quickly and accurately.
- Position is highly customer service focused. Associates are to respond to our guests in a friendly, timely and attentive manner while meeting Hyatt’s standard of care in every interaction.
- Must demonstrate competency, proficiency and meet specific sales goals and metrics on an ongoing basis. Examples of metrics include, but are not limited to: sales conversion, upselling, cross-selling, enrolling guests in Hyatt’s loyalty program as well as offering a Hyatt credit card.
- Desire to exhibit reliability and dependability to work independently from home.
- Must have the adaptability to change, resilience and open-mindedness and remain receptive to feedback. Will then apply the suggestions for continued achievement of high performance at Hyatt.
- Enhance the Hyatt brand by communicating effectively, accurately and clearly in all guest interactions.
- Active participation within our learning style. We desire those with self-motivation who are disciplined and require little supervision and understand the workings of an independent work-from-home position.
- Willingness to provide feedback to management while maintaining a good rapport throughout that communication process.
- Must be computer/technology savvy- our future focus will become even more reliant on technology. The associate is required to have the ability to set up their computer equipment and troubleshoot issues independently and with ease.
- Cognitive ability to learn and process new information and choose appropriate action. Reading comprehension skills, situational judgment and advanced interpersonal skills such as: professionalism, respect/empathy, social aptitude, friendly disposition, positive attitude and patience are needed in this position to succeed.
- Will deliver and exhibit Hyatt values with every guest at all times.
Begin your new career at Hyatt. Earn $11.00 per hour. Watch your wage grow with performance based increases at set intervals throughout the year.
Preference will be given to applicants with a steady work history and experience handling customer service related calls in a home environment.
The training for this position is 7 weeks in length. Training will be done virtually from your home office. 100% attendance in training is mandatory. If you were to miss any time during training, we do not have the resources to catch you up. Once the 7 weeks of training is completed, our new associates would then move into their set schedule. The set work schedule will be confirmed at time of hire and you must be able to work full-time.
Colleague is required to provide the following equipment for Home Office:
- High Speed Internet Service. High Speed Internet service required. Broadband technologies allowed are DSL, Cable, and Fiber-Optic. All other ISP (Internet Service Provider) technologies are not allowed. Colleague will be required to provide Hyatt with adequate certification of service from provider.If your ISP provided equipment or your internal network contains a firewall, you must “unblock” or enable “pass through” settings for all communication ports. Non-work related activities performed by you or others in your household such as gaming (i.e. XBox, Playstation, etc.) or media streaming (i.e. Netflix, Hulu, etc.) during working hours will impact your Hyatt supplied equipment’s performance.
- Dual monitors. Required to have 2 monitors which must be identical in size ranging from 17” – 24”. The preferred monitors input would be Display Port (DP). Digital Visual Interface (DVI) or High Definition Multimedia Interface (HDMI) inputs are also allowed.
- Monitor Cables. (TWO required) One end MUST be Display Port (DP) to be able to plug in to the back of the thin client. The other end will be DP, DVI, or HDMI to match the monitor input. Monitors must be equipped with power cables. VGA cables will not be allowed. Cable adapters will not be allowed.
- USB wired Keyboard(PS/2 interface and/or wireless are not supported)
- USB wired Mouse(PS/2 interface and /or wireless are not supported)
- Surge Protector
- Patch cables(TWO required) – [Ethernet Cable = cat5, RJ45]
- Cable/DSL modem
- Router. Router with Ethernet ports for wired connection to thin client and IP Phone. Router can be integrated into the modem device provided by your ISP.
- Multi Factor Authentication Capability. The ability to receive a phone call, receive a text message, or utilize a smartphone/tablet mobile application for Multi Factor Authentication (security system used when accessing Hyatt systems) when logging in to Hyatt provided thin client equipment. It is required each and every time you are authenticating (logging in) to Hyatt provided thin client equipment to start your work day. Examples (You only need one of these):
- Local telecommunication provider land line or residential Voice over IP phone service with dedicated phone number.
- Dedicated cell phone capable of receiving text messages.
- Dedicated Android or Apple iOS smartphone/tablet capable of receiving a phone call, text message or the utilization of the Microsoft Authenticator application obtained from the Apple App Store or Google Play Store.
Hyatt is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other group protected by law.