About this role….
As NWEA’s Production Coordinator, you will serve Content Solutions as a member of the Content Services Team. You will ensure that all needs related to item and test production for customized/localized content are addressed quickly and comprehensively. In addition, you work will be largely dedicated to supporting Spanish content production and you will be an internal expert to guide vendors and contractors in customized media production work. Your professional experience in K-12 education, content fulfillment and quality control, along with your proficiency in Spanish will be most beneficial in this role.
About the Content Services team….
The Content Services team develops, produces and publishes content for the full range of NWEA product offerings. It leverages an array of expertise across content and production staff to perform the assessment development functions, as well as the management of outside contractors and vendors.
Your next challenge….
• Gather specified requirements for customized/localized production work from Assessment Products and Solutions teams and collaborate to understand specified processes and mechanisms for completing all production work related to customized content development needs.
• Oversee new item writing and translation fulfillment, serving as a point of contact for customized content vendors and contractors to ensure that processes are followed, and high-quality content is delivered.
• Gain familiarity with customized/localized style guides and glossaries, and any additional specified customization for specific projects, efforts, and initiatives.
• Define vendor and contractor needs in support of customized/localized production efforts and assist in screening for defined skillsets.
• Perform or oversee quality control activities for customized/localized content, including reviewing alternate item text descriptors and other content for grammar, spelling, punctuation, usage, syntax, and other translation errors, in addition to style guide adherence.
• Perform quality control activities on customized/localized tests, including QC of tests in a student testing environment and correct item display in tests.
• Ensure that customized/localized items and tests are tracked and managed appropriately given any unique processes and procedures that may be required and specified by Assessment Products and Solutions teams.
• Support production of customized/localized paper/pencil assessments as needed.
• Communicate processes and procedures to media producers for new customized/localized efforts and collaborate with other internal experts to ensure proper knowledge transfer for success.
• Coordinate customized/localized media production work and resources externally and cross-organizationally, including working with Design and Creative Services as needed for fulfillment.
Traits for success….
• Strong understanding and/or ability to quickly learn processes, tools, applications, software, and systems for Content Production
• Bilingual in English-Spanish, with ability to edit and proof Spanish materials
• Proficiency with spreadsheets, tracking, data management, and project management tools
• Excellent problem-solving skills
• Strong attention to and affinity for detail and quality
• Ability to apply consistent and scalable techniques in all production activities
• Strong organizational and time-management skills, including the ability to plan ahead to prevent future problems, track commitments and timelines, attend to multiple tasks/project simultaneously, and handle competing priorities appropriately.
• Willingness to collaborate around how to best accomplish key tasks
• Ability to communicate effectively in a timely manner using a variety of communication methods
• Ability to work effectively with a wide range of professionals
Education and experience
• Bachelor’s degree in a related field required; equivalent combinations of education and experience will be considered in lieu of a degree
• Minimum two years’ related experience; experience in assessment, educational publishing, and/or editing preferred.
• Bilingual in English-Spanish with ability to proof Spanish materials is highly preferred
• Experience or demonstrated interest in the field of education preferred
NWEA™ is a research-based, not-for-profit organization that supports students and educators worldwide by creating assessment solutions that precisely measure growth and proficiency—and provide insights to help tailor instruction. For 40 years, NWEA has developed innovative Pre-K–12 assessments, including our flagship interim assessment, MAP® Growth™; our progress monitoring and skills mastery tool, MAP® Skills™; and the OECD Test for Schools (based on PISA). Educators trust our professional learning offerings to accelerate student learning and our research to support assessment validity and data interpretation. Our tools are trusted by educators in 140 countries and more than half the schools in the U.S.
What we can offer you….
At NWEA we not only offer a competitive base salary, we offer a 15% contribution of eligible employees’ base salary to a defined contribution 403(b) retirement savings plan; career development opportunities; an awesome work culture and environment; we also offer industry leading benefits and perks that are focused on supporting our employees’ holistic wellbeing. To learn more about what we can offer more, click here
Connect with us……
NWEA™ endeavors to make www.nwea.org accessible to all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please call us at (503) 624-1951 or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request, your location and your contact information. This is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
NWEA™ is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. For our EEO Policy Statement, please click here. If you’d like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please visit the EEOC website