About this role….
In the Assessment Contract Coordinator role, you will be responsible for the coordination of all post-content development assessment deliverables per contractual requirements including, but not limited to, media development, language translation/trans-adaption/additional content creation, paper/pencil test-form creation, accessibility needs, practice/familiarization needs, and supplemental material creation. This role reports into the Publishing Operations team and works closely with the Assessment Solutions and Content Services teams to ensure the timely delivery of high-quality deliverables from both internal and external partners in support of successful contract fulfillment. Additional responsibilities include tracking and communicating progress and potential risk associated with the fulfillment of contracts to stakeholders. This position serves a critical role in the development of assessments and collateral materials, and as such, quality, proactive problem-solving, a service mindset, innovation, and flexibility are essential traits. In this role, you will have the opportunity to work at our Portland headquarters or we may consider candidates who reside outside of the Portland metro area.
Your next challenge…
Serving as a central team member of the Publishing Operations team, you will manage all post-content development assessment deliverables per contractual requirements with the following responsibilities:
• Collaborate with the Content Services Team and multiple departments within the organization to coordinate activities related to successful delivery of contract deliverables on the Publishing Team
• Coordinate with resource group managers to identify resources needed to complete project steps
• Participate in RFP solution development in collaboration with all Publishing stakeholders; organize requirements, documentation and estimates to create a baseline if awarded the contract
• Understand, communicate, and monitor adherence to contract specifications to ensure successful outcomes of the contracts
• Work in accordance to Program and Project plans and milestones to ensure all contractual needs are met
• Provide clear, consistent, and regular reporting on progress and risks related to contract deliverables. Develop and deliver progress reports, documentation, and presentations to track project milestones and deliverables
• Proactively inform all stakeholders of potential risks and proposed mitigation plans/requirements (dependencies, skillsets, additional requirements, unplanned work, tools required, etc.)
• Ascertain and deliver completely on complex requirements from multiple stakeholders
• Responsible for contract workflow including creating, updating, gathering contractual documents, verification and execution of contracts
Traits for success…
•Knowledge/experience of the K-12 education assessment industry (e.g., items, test forms, publishing)
•Experience in project management software (e.g., MS Project, Work Front, etc.)
•Proficiency using Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, Project, PowerPoint)
•Ability to easily learn new software/platforms
•Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
•Proven ability to coordinate multiple complex contract with cross functional teams simultaneously
•Excellent written and oral communication with ability to remain poised/focused under pressure
•Willingness to work beyond scheduled working hours, (as needed), to move deliverables across the finish line
•Exceptional listening skills with a commitment to communicate clearly, completely, and in a timely manner
Education and experience…
• Bachelor’s degree or four years of industry experience required; advanced degree or equivalent work experience strongly preferred
• Minimum 3 years’ experience in K-12 education assessment development and/or assessment contract coordination
• Proactive ability to think strategically, with ability to move rapidly between big picture and tactical detail level
• Experience working with offsite employees preferred
About the Publishing Operations team….
NWEA’s Publishing Operations team is one of several groups within our Publishing department. This team is comprised of a variety of roles responsible for centralized team functions including: data, analytics and reporting, information management, process engineering and improvement, work management, security and policy management, and tool development and administration. Using universally accepted principles of operational excellence, Publishing Operations is a results-oriented team that outputs systems, reports, processes and support that best enables the Publishing teams to deliver quality content and products. A major driver for this team is continuous improvement, ensuring that no process, system, report or support model is ever in an end state. Publishing Operations supports change for the business, nimbly.
NWEA™ is a research-based, not-for-profit organization that supports students and educators worldwide by creating assessment solutions that precisely measure growth and proficiency—and provide insights to help tailor instruction. For 40 years, NWEA has developed innovative Pre-K–12 assessments, including our flagship interim assessment, MAP® Growth™; our progress monitoring and skills mastery tool, MAP® Skills™; and the OECD Test for Schools (based on PISA). Educators trust our professional learning offerings to accelerate student learning and our research to support assessment validity and data interpretation. Our tools are trusted by educators in 140 countries and more than half the schools in the U.S.
What we can offer you….
At NWEA we not only offer competitive pay, a 15% contribution of eligible employees’ base salary to a defined contribution 403(b) retirement savings plan, career development opportunities and an awesome culture, we also offer industry leading benefits and perks that are focused on supporting our employees’ holistic wellbeing. To learn more about what we can offer more, click here.
Connect with us……
NWEA™ endeavors to make www.nwea.org accessible to all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please call us at (503) 624-1951 or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request, your location and your contact information. This is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
NWEA™ is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. For our EEO Policy Statement, please click here.
If you’d like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please visit the following EEOC website.