The mission of Altria Group, Inc. is to own and develop financially disciplined businesses that are leaders in responsibly providing adult tobacco and wine consumers with superior branded products. Altria Group is the parent company of Philip Morris USA, the largest cigarette manufacturer in the United States, as well as U.S. Smokeless Tobacco Company, John Middleton, and Ste. Michelle Wine Estates –that offer leading brands in the moist smokeless tobacco and machine-made cigar, and wine categories.
The Consumer Information and Engagement department’s role is to provide high quality consumer research to the Altria family of companies by leveraging best in class techniques and supports the exploration and development of innovative and cutting edge tools. We are currently seeking a BEHAVIORAL SCIENTIST to join our department in Richmond, VA.
The selected candidate will be a critical resource in our REGULATORY RESEARCH PRACTCE conducting consumer behavior research to inform our regulatory product submissions and harm reduction platforms and the position requires the ability to design, execute, analyze and interpret results of behavioral studies that accompany product submissions to the Food and Drug Administration on behalf of our Tobacco Operating Companies.
HOW YOU WILL IMPACT ALTRIA
• Contribute to the design and implementation of consumer behavior research to support regulatory applications and submissions, including writing protocols, engaging with internal stakeholders and external research vendors, developing surveys and preparing final reports.
• Manage the execution of qualitative and quantitative research to assess consumer perceptions, behavioral intentions and patterns of use.
• Manage multiple priorities and projects in a rapidly changing environment.
• Utilize published research and external surveys to inform study designs and measures.
• Share learning from research reviewed and studies conducted and aid in the interpretation of findings.
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
• An advanced in degree in Behavioral Science, Consumer/Applied Research, Experimental Psychology or other diverse fields within the discipline of Psychology, Behavioral Pharmacology, or related fields (PhD a plus).
• 1-2 years of relevant, applied experience (background in FDA regulatory environment and/or public health a plus).
• Solid understanding of consumer research, research methods and survey design.
• Proficient in experimental design, statistical analyses, and interpretation of results.
• Experience conducting large-scale field studies a plus.
• Strong oral and written communications skills.
• Ability to multi-task and manage priorities in a deadline-oriented environment and work in a collaborative manner in a team-oriented department.
At Altria Client Services, we recognize that our people are the reason we achieve our business goals. We believe in developing the leadership potential of our employees by providing them with opportunities for training, development and advancement.
In addition to the opportunity to apply and develop your consumer insight skills toward key business objectives, we offer an excellent compensation package including a competitive base salary, comprehensive health/vision/dental insurance, participation in our incentive compensation and deferred profit sharing programs as well as a relocation assistance package.
Each Altria company is an equal opportunity employer. We consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other protected class.