The mission of Altria Group, Inc. is to own and develop financially disciplined businesses that are leaders in responsibly providing adult tobacco and wine consumers with superior branded products. Altria Group is the parent company of Philip Morris USA, the largest cigarette manufacturer in the United States, as well as U.S. Smokeless Tobacco Company, John Middleton, and Ste. Michelle Wine Estates –that offer leading brands in the moist smokeless tobacco and machine-made cigar, and wine categories.
The Consumer Insight and Engagement department’s role is to provide high quality consumer research to the Altria family of companies by leveraging best in class techniques and supports the exploration and development of innovative and cutting edge tools. We are currently seeking a SOCIAL SCIENTIST/SCIENTIFIC WRITER to join our department in Richmond, VA.
The selected candidate will be a critical resource in our REGULATORY RESEARCH PRACTICE supporting our regulatory product submissions and harm reduction platforms and the position requires the ability to synthesize diverse data and information into written product submissions to the Food and Drug Administration on behalf of our Tobacco Operating Companies.
HOW YOU WILL IMPACT ALTRIA
• Synthesize data and information from internal research studies and published scientific literature relevant to attitudes, perceptions and behaviors of tobacco consumers and non-users.
• Conduct scientific literature reviews, monitor published studies and utilize national health survey information.
• Draw from multiple sources to write scientific content for product applications and submissions to the Food and Drug Administration that are responsive to regulatory guidance documents.
• Contribute to the design of consumer research studies to support regulatory applications and submissions, including development of protocols, interpretation of data and findings, and review of study reports.
• Manage multiple priorities and projects in a rapidly changing environment.
• Share key learning from research reviewed and studies conducted and aid in strategic interpretation of data. Make recommendations based on research finding.
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
• An advanced in degree in Public Health, Psychology, Epidemiology, Consumer/Applied Research, Behavioral Science, Sociology, Communications or related fields. PhD preferred.
• 1 to 2 years of relevant, applied experience (Background in FDA regulatory environment and/or public health a plus).
• Strong track record of scientific/technical writing and an ability to synthesize information from diverse sources and express complex scientific information in a concise manner.
• Experience reading and interpreting published scientific literature, including an understanding of research designs and methods, results, strengths and limitations.
• Strong analytical capabilities and critical thinking.
• Strong oral communications skills and the ability to present information effectively to others.
• Ability to multi-task and manage priorities in a deadline-oriented environment and work in a collaborative manner in a team-oriented department.
At Altria Client Services, we recognize that our people are the reason we achieve our business goals. We believe in developing the leadership potential of our employees by providing them with opportunities for training, development and advancement.
In addition to the opportunity to apply and develop your consumer insight skills toward key business objectives, we offer an excellent compensation package including a competitive base salary, comprehensive health/vision/dental insurance, participation in our incentive compensation and deferred profit sharing programs as well as a relocation assistance package.
Each Altria company is an equal opportunity employer. We consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other protected class.