Do you revel in developing others to see them grow? In this position you'll be responsible for leading a Manufacturing Department instilling a safety-first culture while producing the required quantity and quality of product at optimal cost. Bachelor's Degree in Engineering/Business Administration with 5 years leadership experience or equivalent managerial experience (minimum 10 years in a leadership role, 5 years in a managerial role).
To accomplish this job successfully, Process Managers must be able to perform each essential function well. The following are the end results and deliverable for which this position is held accountable.
* Plans, organizes and manages their process area in accordance will applicable safety and quality standards through process supervisor (up to 80 direct and indirect employees).
* Maximizes our capabilities through selection and motivation of a well trained workforce to assure a safe, efficient and cost effective operation.
* Ensure that operational metrics are met and finished product inventories are maintained at the proper level. Controls flow of materials and utilization of labor to ensure adequate production of quality product to fulfill operational requirements.
* Executes and drives initiatives supporting our Wildly Important Goals.
* Maintains best in class department organization and good housekeeping.
* Leads continuous improvement activities with maintenance manager and process engineering manager.
* Ensures all employees are well qualified and cross functional, perform per the job qualification standards and adhere to company policies, safety standards, work instructions. Recommends actions to Human Resources if needed.
* Establishes and writes job standards
* Controls allocation and use of employees to ensure fulfillment of production schedules at the optimal cost.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
* Bachelor's Degree in Engineering/Business Administration or equivalent managerial experience.
* Requires a minimum of 5-10 years' experience in a leadership role. Prior experience which demonstrates progressive increase in operations responsibility. Demonstrated and proven ability to effectively manage all available resources to achieve planned results.
* Prior managerial abilities, both to organize and direct the functions under his/her control to guide and implement our Wildly Important Goal.
* Prior experience in directing and developing personnel under his/her supervision.
Visit our websites at www.amstedrail.com to find out more about what makes our workplace special, whether it is being an employee-owner, our active commitment to employee development, or simply enjoying the view of our park-like campus with our scenic stream and fishing pond and expansive grounds which are home to geese year-round! With barely a 30-minute commute from Richmond, we are easy to get to via both I-95 and I-295.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.