Since 1923, NCCI has been committed to fostering a healthy workers compensation system. We are the nation’s trusted source for accurate, objective workers compensation information. Learn about how you can contribute to our company’s success in the following position:
Perform internal audits of NCCI Holdings, Inc. (NCCI) and other NCCI subsidiaries. Audits are designed to help the organization accomplish its objectives by bringing a systematic, disciplined approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of risk management, control, and governance processes. The Information Technology (IT) Auditor specifically identifies and reports on moderately complex IT related risks and controls, predominantly of a technical nature, in accordance with the Institute of Internal Auditors (IAA) Professional Practices Framework and the Information Systems Audit and Control Association (ISACA). Other duties involve performing special projects, reviews and investigations as directed by area management and the board of directors.
Identifies, evaluates and reports on moderately complex IT related risks, either as they pertain to the business area audited or as self-contained IT functions. Internal audit projects are generally conducted by an integrated audit team to provide assessment of both business processes and relevant IT objectives.
Assesses business risks and evaluates the effectiveness of controls at the network, operating system, data base, and application levels.
Conducts special reviews of NCCI processes to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of risk management, control, and governance processes.
Monitors select development projects and initiatives to ensure that significant control objectives are accomplished.
Assists division management in the implementation of audit recommendations.
Required Education, Experience and Skills:
Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Accounting, Finance or other related field and 1 year of IT audit experience. SQL query skill sets on Oracle databases.
• In-depth knowledge of internal controls, standards of internal auditing as promulgated by the Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA), IT Governance frameworks such as Cobit5, TeamMate experience, Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, and familiarity with internal control procedures gained through experience.
• Proficiency in the use of data analysis software such as using SQL queries, ACL, as well as general office software, such as word processing, spreadsheets and flowcharting.
• Familiar with Windows and Linux operating systems, network communication, database technology (SQL Server and Oracle), web development tools and ecommerce.
• Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively with other audit staff. Be able to represent the department and NCCI in a professional manner to all levels of technical staff and management.
• Excellent analytical skills to discern when audit issues are found on assignments and determine how critical the issues are. Good oral and written communication skills. Good interpersonal skills to discuss audit issues and recommendations in a tactful and professional manner. The ability to discuss audit issues with both technical staff and business management.
• Ability to be flexible and creative in the approach to complete assignments that vary in nature and scope. Ability to quickly develop an organizational understanding and be able to articulate impact of audit issues to the organization. Ability to build working relationships with stakeholders without impairing independence.
Preferred Education, Experience and Skills:
Master’s Degree in information systems/computer science, accounting, finance, business administration, or other financial or management fields.
1-3 years of experience in public accounting or internal audit.
Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), or Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), and Certified Internal Auditor (CIA).
At NCCI, we recognize that our employees are the reason our legacy endures today. We’re motivated by the opportunity to do challenging and interesting work, and our Total Rewards package attracts top talent. Our employees care about each other and the communities in which they live and work. Our values of integrity, respect, quality and excellence, responsibility, and commitment, guide our success.
We require a drug screen and background check.
EEO/Smoke Free environment