How you will contribute
Valmont is currently seeking a highly motivated and talented individual for an Associate Drafter position at our Farmington, MN location. We are looking for a highly driven individual that will assist in the completion of all requested projects by producing accurate drawings of aluminum light pole and flag pole products, performing an array of trigonometric/algebraic calculations, researching all necessary information and data, and determining the correct level of detail for both manufacturing and customer drawings.
Additionally, you will be…
* Responsible for making accurate scale drawings of assemblies or parts, shop drawings, and templates of considerable complexity, showing specifications, tolerances, dimensions, and material to be used.
* Develop pole taper profiles using in-house software.
* Responsible for file maintenance: verify the integrity of data by maintaining a cur-rent back up library for restorative potential, follow consistency in file naming and storage procedure policies, assist the Engineering Department in the creation of current drawing templates.
* Exercises independent judgment in selection of scale and illustration of proper views. Decides upon necessary dimensions and proper placement on drawings.
* Reports and takes direction from the Manager of the Engineering Department. Works in harmony with department personnel and all customers, demonstrating an awareness of the importance and priority of the customer’s needs.
* Associate’s Degree in Engineering Drafting (Civil/Mechanical/Structural) or related field with an emphasis in AutoCad
* Computer experience – AutoCAD and Microsoft Office.
* Strong verbal and written communication skills.
* Proven analytical and problem solving skills
* Good mathematical, written and verbal skills.
Highly qualified candidates will also possess:
* Attention to detail and quality of work.
* At least 1 year progressive experience in structural or mechanical design using AutoCad
* Strong working knowledge of Autodesk Inventor