Since 1923, NCCI has been committed to fostering a healthy workers compensation system. We are the nation’s trusted source for accurate, objective workers compensation information. Learn about how you can contribute to our company’s success in the following position:
Responsible for planning, directing and managing the selection of servicing carriers and various vendors through a competitive bidding process for Residual Market (RM) policies. Responsible for designing a processes and systems to provide service to RM insured’s and control Plan expenses. Develops and maintains all aspects of the SCSOSsm Servicing Carrier Selection System including business requirements, testing, and administration.
Develops and implements the overall servicing carrier selection process for NCCI Plan Administered states and Independent Bureau states to include timeline, methodology and process used in the selection of servicing carriers; coordination of multiple departments to meet goals and schedule. Makes recommendations for enhancements and/or process improvements to ensure overall goals are met. Acts as subject matter experts on the selection of servicing carriers.
Conducts the servicing carrier selection process via the SCSOSsm Servicing Carrier Selection System that includes developing announcement circulars; development of the RFP and related exhibits; coordination with and gaining approval from the State Regulators on state specific requirements; development of the proposal questions; responding to inquiries on the state requirements; direct and coordinate NCCI staff review of submitted bids; scoring the proposals; development of the results presentations and making results presentations to the appropriate regulatory staff or independent bureaus staff; and obtaining final award from the regulatory/bureau staff.
Develops and maintains all aspects of the SCSOSsm Servicing Carrier Selection System. Identifies and develops annual business requirements, detail design, writing test cases, conducting testing in DEV and QA environments, developing ongoing system improvements and preparing the system for the actual annual process including development of the questions, exhibits, and the entire process online. Leads research of potential system issues escalated by either staff or external customers. Assists team members and/or IT in the research and identification of these questions. Leads multi system coordination of the system changes with IT partners. Reviews current needs, trends, and requests of the customer base. Identifies and implements new ideas for system improvements by conducting the research and analysis required to provide the benefit to the internal and external stakeholders.
Implements the results of the servicing carrier selection process by communicating the results and appropriate details such as carrier information, servicing carrier allowance, service enhancements, etc. to internal departments such as Assigned Risk, Carrier Audit, Actuarial and Economic Services, RM Finance, Legal, Plan Administration staff, State Relations, and Data Services. Respond to inquiries from internal departments on questions that impact their department. Develops and drafts contracts for successful bidders and assuring NCCI interests and the interests of the Pool(s) are protected with Legal. Ensures contract administration by guiding and providing direction to servicing carriers regarding their responsibilities under the RFP, Bylaws/Articles of Agreement, Quota Share Reinsurance Agreement and the Servicing Carrier Contract. Coordinates responses and provides expert witness testimony for due process disputes involving the servicing carrier selection process/RFP, Quota Share Reinsurance Agreement and Servicing Carrier Contract issues.
Responds to inquiries on the Servicing Carrier Selection. Develops responses to regulatory authorities on state specific needs; responding to complex rules and procedures relative to servicing carriers required by the residual market. Develops and provides training to carriers and regulators at the Assigned Carrier Preconference and Conference that is required for bidding carriers. Contributes to the enhancement of the performance expectations (Assigned Carrier Performance Standards) for servicing carriers in accordance with Plan and contractual requirements. Facilitates resolution of complaints that involves assigned carriers. Supports assigned risk rate filings by maintaining annual updates to the servicing carrier allowances and contributing to interrogatories as needed. Provides interpretations of enhancements to the Carrier Audit department for auditing purposes.
Support development of Residual Market reports, maintenance of depopulation programs (e.g. VCAP, RMEL, etc.), and testing of all associated systems.
Required Education, Experience and Skills:
Bachelor’s Degree (in Business Administration, Insurance or related concentration helpful) and 5 years of workers compensation, NCCI, and/or insurance related experience.In lieu of a degree, 10 years of relevant NCCI experience and/or workers compensation insurance experience in underwriting, audit, loss prevention, claims, and/or managed care. CPCU, ARM, AIC, and/or AIS Certification.
• Demonstrated leadership skills, as well as advanced level technical and interpersonal skills necessary to identify, negotiate, and resolve issues.
• Strong relationship and partnering skills to manage stakeholders that have opposing interests.
• Extensive knowledge of national and state specific workers compensation insurance best practices, Regulations and Rules, and state statutes/requirements, to accurately score proposals submitted by bid participants.
• Advanced project management skills for managing and prioritizing multiple projects and to resolve current issues and automate new systems or enhancements.
• Knowledge of national and state workers compensation policies, regulations, rules, regulatory statutes and requirements; workers compensation insurance practices and procedures; scoring algorithms; ratemaking processes; insurance carrier statistical reporting requirements; servicing carrier Pool financial reporting requirements; classification and experience rating plans; contract administration, underwriting and claims.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills and ability to communicate effectively with all audiences and the ability to draft effective professional documents/reports and conduct presentations.
• Advanced mathematical skills to create, analyze, explain, and direct programming of scoring methodologies and algorithms.
• Strong negotiation and conflict resolution skills. Ability to manage and resolve issues.
• Proficient with technology, including Excel, PowerPoint, and Word applications (e.g. pivot tables, macros, database queries, etc.)
• Excellent organizational and time management skills.
Preferred Education, Experience and Skills:
• Workers compensation insurance and/or residual market experience in operational areas including: underwriting, audit, inspection, compliance, government affairs, loss prevention, claims, and/or managed care.• CPCU, ARM, AIC, and/or AIS Certification.
• Understanding of insurance industry operational knowledge (e.g. underwriting, claims, financial reporting) to identify, direct and oversee the enhancement of performance standards/expectations for servicing carriers to meet Plan and contractual requirements as well as updates to the Assigned Carrier Performance Standards.
• Comprehensive knowledge of NCCI’s rules (Basic Manual, Assigned Carrier Performance Standards, Assigned Risk Supplement, Servicing Carrier Reference Guide, Experience Rating Plan Manual) with an understanding of the impact on residual market stakeholders, including new or revised pricing, depopulation, or rating programs, dispute resolution, and state appeals procedures.
At NCCI, we recognize that our employees are the reason our legacy endures today. We’re motivated by the opportunity to do challenging and interesting work, and our Total Rewards package attracts top talent. Our employees care about each other and the communities in which they live and work. Our values of integrity, respect, quality and excellence, responsibility, and commitment, guide our success.
We require a drug screen and background check.
EEO/Smoke Free environment