Finance & Accounting
Freddie Mac performs the Trustee function for several of its mortgage related securitization products. As Trustee, the Company describes certain investor cash administration responsibilities within the Master Trust Agreements (MTA), or other security governing documents. The Company has established the Trust Cash Administration team to perform these cash administration responsibilities and the team is primarily responsible for ensuring the trust cash account balance and activity remains in compliance with the master trust agreement.
Responsibilities of this team include:
* Maintaining a trust cash ledger and sub-ledger by security type
* Tracking daily and monthly cash inflows and outflows and attributing cash as either investor or Freddie Mac cash
* Establishing end of period investor cash balances and tracks those balances at the security (pool) level
* Maintaining a security product level trust balance sheet,
* Remitting Freddie Mac cash balances to the Company and oversight of all cash outflows from the Trust cash account,
* Ensuring Freddie Mac performs its guarantor role by funding the account with short-term and permanent guarantee payments,
* Ensuring the trust account remain adequately funded throughout the month,
* Maintaining a corporate policy for trust cash administration, unit procedures and certain SLAs with other Company organizations
The VP, Finance Treasury Operations & Cash Administration, is seeking a Trust Cash Administration Director to join this team. The person in this position will establish operational objectives and work plans, and delegate assignments to subordinate managers and staff. Additionally, this position is part of an organization that includes Treasury Operations and the Company’s Wireroom. The Director may be asked to also assist in Treasury Operations functions.
* Developing, modifying and executing company Trustee policies that affect immediate operations and may also have company-wide effect
* Work on issues and analysis of situations or data that require an in-depth knowledge of mortgage and mortgage backed security cashflows.
* Implement strategic policies, projects and new products as prioritized by each line of business to maintain MTA compliance.
* Establish and assure adherence to budgets, schedules, work plans, and performance requirements.
* Regularly interact with senior management on matters concerning Freddie Mac’s role as guarantor, the implementation of new products and the distribution of monthly cash administration compliance reports.
* 12+ years of related experience and 4+ years of management experience
* College degree or equivalent experience
* Knowledge of mortgage servicing and mortgage backed security servicing cashflows
* Accounting Degree
Today, Freddie Mac makes home possible for one in four home borrowers and is one of the largest sources of financing for multifamily housing. Join our smart, creative and dedicated team and you’ll do important work for the housing finance system and make a difference in the lives of others. Freddie Mac is an equal opportunity and top diversity employer. EOE, M/F/D/V.