Since 1922, NCCI has been committed to fostering a healthy workers compensation system. We are the nation’s trusted source for accurate, objective workers compensation information. Learn about how you can contribute to our company’s success in the following position:
Territory currently includes the following states: OR, ID, MT, NV & WA.
Position will be based in Portland, OR office or home-based in one of the territorial states.
This position requires up to 60% travel. A Motor Vehicle Record Check is required.
- Plans, coordinates, and implements state regulatory strategies for NCCI initiatives, programs, item filings, loss costs, assigned risk rates, and legislative initiatives that require governmental interface and approval.
- Prepares documents required by governmental agencies in order to obtain necessary approval for regulated products.
- Coordinates all related governmental interactions and compliance activities within the organization to support regulatory, rate, and reform initiatives
- Responsible for developing, managing, supporting and maintaining the relationships with key industry and regulatory contacts.
- Defines, implements, and manages NCCI state relations strategies in assigned states.
- Facilitates and conducts State Advisory Forums.
- Responsible for filings and securing approval of NCCI initiatives, programs, loss costs, assigned risk rates, and item filings in order to ensure a fair and fiscally sound workers compensation system.
- Provides support for legislative initiatives and processes. Represents NCCI by testifying where necessary.
- Coordinates activities and projects as assigned.
Required Education, Experience & Skills:
- Bachelor's Degree and 10 years of workers compensation, government affairs, or insurance experience•Comprehensive knowledge of worker’s compensation rules, laws and principles.
- Ability to negotiate and resolve issues and conflicts.
- Ability to recognize potential problems and communicate with internal and external contacts.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; along with the ability to effectively write documents, as well as, the ability to conduct public presentations.
- Ability to travel extensively.•Ability to form positive working relationships.
- Proficiency with technology including PowerPoint, Excel, Word and database structures.
Preferred Education, Experience, and Skills: CPCU, Insurance Institute of America designations (ARM, AU, ARC, etc.) or Law Degree. Knowledge of legislative process, workers compensation, or NCCI’s procedures or manuals would be preferred.
At NCCI, we recognize that our employees are the reason our legacy endures today. We’re motivated by the opportunity to do challenging and interesting work, and our Total Rewards package attracts top talent. Our employees care about each other and the communities in which they live and work. Our values of integrity, respect, quality and excellence, responsibility, and commitment, guide our success.Experience NCCI.
We require a drug screen and background check. EEO/Smoke Free environment