2VP, Personal Insurance Operational Effectiveness
Solid reputation, passionate people and endless opportunities. That's Travelers. Our superior financial strength and consistent record of strong operating returns mean security for our customers - and opportunities for our employees. You will find Travelers to be full of energy and a workplace in which you truly can make a difference.
The 2VP of New Business Fulfillment will contribute toward the evolution of PI Operations Strategy and ensuring alignment to the overall PI and Enterprise Operations strategic roadmaps. This role would have stakeholder accountability for New Business Fulfillment Processes as well as the orchestration of processes between channels; managing and directing process improvements to improve operational efficiency and effectiveness driving an optimized outcome. Responsibilities would include business metric performance and adherence as well as identifying opportunities to improve business results, decrease costs, increase available capacity, improve accuracy and timeliness, change behaviors, redesign roles and functions, and improve operational controls. This role will provide expert level individual technical consulting, generate new ideas, influence senior management of their value, and assist in their implementation to achieve recommended benefits.
Hartford - Connecticut - United States
Actuarial and Analytics, Business Analyst/Quality Assurance, Project/Operations Management
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide capability and process ownership services for Personal Insurance (Direct and Retail) to improve overall new business fulfillment performance. Identify impediments to effective and efficient operation performance; introduce change in business operational processes and organizational behaviors that have a positive impact on bottom line results.
- Stakeholder responsibility for Results will include: improved unit cost, lower customer effort, improved retention while balancing the loss ratio/profitability targets of the line of business.
- Generate new ideas to meet business needs. Develop solutions to complex problems and assist in the implementation of recommendations which results in significant improvements in operational performance through redesigned workflows, proper staffing levels, redefined roles and responsibilities, productive behaviors and effective use of technology. Influence client management to implement recommendations.
- Maintain advanced knowledge of techniques and methodologies, emerging technology, business management, theory and techniques, leadership, human relations and effective communication skills, quality customer service and company organizations, productivity and terminology.
- Specific to the New Business Fulfillment processes, define the vision and strategy :
- Analysis of competitor and industry data, to define achievable benchmarks.
- Collaborate for the appropriate business capabilities necessary to achieve a best in class digital experience for acquisition, onboarding and servicing.
- Data driven benefit and preform an analyses to adequately assess business value.
- Define business architecture of capabilities and sequencing / road mapping of activities.
- Drive CBA discussions around hard and soft benefit realization and tracking.
- Collaboration with Product Management, Field Sales, Platform, IT, R&D and MI to share findings and triangulate strategy definition and in market learnings.
- Successful execution and delivery of capabilities:
- Align in flight initiatives to roadmap, coordination on-going to activities to ensure continued alignment.
- Partnering with Platform and IT organizations, assist in building project teams to adequately manage delivery.
- Adequately and appropriate drive solution architecture to achieve desired capabilities weighted against business value.
- With Platform partners, ensure timely and cost effective delivery of capabilities through active management.
- Build and manage (with project business owners) post implementation monitoring and benefit realization.
- Recommend improvements to policies, procedures and workflow, including handoffs with Business and IT Delivery Teams.
- Organizational influence and change management:
- Ability to influence key decision-makers to challenge conventional practices and instill customer insights into decision making processes.
- Strong negotiation skills and persuasive written/verbal communication skills to clearly explain concepts and recommendations to leaders, from senior executives to line managers.
- An experienced leader with demonstrated ability to build trust and credibility with a wide range of stakeholders; views self as a partner, not individual contributor.
- Strategic thinker with an innate ability to balance thought leadership with strong execution orientation.
- Is a natural collaborator; builds and maintains strong and ongoing business relationships which foster connections and communications.
- Lead an organization and project teams to fulfill assignments and delivery. Actively participate in process team members studies as a project leader or individual contributor assuming responsibility for major studies which potentially have significant impact on the operation of a major operating unit within the company.
- Provide direction and consultation to process team members for assigned projects. Reviews process to determine whether appropriate approach, methodologies, and problem solving techniques are appropriately employed. Coordinate workload planning and ensure assigned projects are completed on time.
Minimum 6 years executive level experience in field operations.
Education, Work Experience & Knowledge
Bachelors degree preferred. Proven record of working collaboratively with executive management and employees at all levels of a large organization. Demonstrated broad knowledge of insurance in general including, but not limited to products, underwriting, marketing and finance. Experience in managing team oriented culture. Must possess excellent leadership skills; particularly the ability to define goals, institute change, and develop a management strategy for short and long term success. Innovation and creative thinking skills. Ability to navigate/collaborate across organizational boundaries. Adept at conflict management/resolution. Creates an environment that fosters a winning spirit, customer focus, financial discipline, teamwork, and a high sense of integrity. Demonstrated problem solving and issue resolution experience Ability to maintain strong working relationships with business partners.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer.