NWEA is seeking a Project Manager for our Business Solutions group. This is a temporary, six (6) month assignment with possibility for extension, located at our downtown Portland headquarters.
Founded by educators nearly 40 years ago, NWEA is a global not-for-profit educational services organization known for our flagship interim assessment, Measures of Academic Progress® (MAP®). More than 7,600 partners in U.S. schools, school districts, education agencies, and international schools trust us to offer pre-kindergarten through grade 12 assessments that accurately measure student growth and learning needs, professional development that fosters educators' ability to accelerate student learning, and research that supports assessment validity and data interpretation. To better inform instruction and maximize every learner's academic growth, educators currently use NWEA assessments with nearly eight million students.
Individuals in this role provide the following services to the organization: 1) cross-functional project and program management for enterprise-level initiatives; 2) provision of a visible, accessible, and relevant project portfolio; and 3) development and maintenance of tools, techniques, and standards pertaining to the project life cycle.
* Support senior project or program managers in providing leadership to cross-functional project teams; clarify project objectives and define tactics necessary to accomplish these objectives.
* Contribute to definition of project structure, including identification and allocation of resources and creation of project plans.
* Participate in development of project budgets and integration of project costs into the organization-level budget and financial forecast.
* Track project activity and expenditures against plans; communicate effectively through multiple channels to sponsors and key stakeholders; manage external delivery partners where required.
* Continuously assess project risk factors and recommend courses of action to mitigate risk.
* Participate in developing, maintaining and evolving standards, tools, templates and documented processes for process improvement and project governance.
* Develop project and resource portfolio planning, tracking and reporting mechanisms.
* Perform other duties as assigned to ensure the success of the team and the organization.
Skills and abilities
* Proven ability to successfully manage and facilitate cross-functional teams; ability to build strong working relationships and work with many levels of an organization.
* Advanced proficiency in a broad range of applications, including Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project, MS Visio, and process mapping tools.
* Well-developed communication skills, including the ability to transform complexities into clear, concise written communications.
* Ability to distinguish milestones and measures critical to project success and translate these into meaningful management information.
* Ability to balance competing demands for project scope, time, cost, risk and quality; combined with ability to manage several projects concurrently with a sense for organizational priority.
* Negotiation skills with ability to remain cool under pressure and demonstrate competence when challenged.
* Ability to facilitate and control meetings and discussions where disparate points of views need to be voiced and acknowledged.
* Must be able to perform he physical and intellectual requirements of the role, with or without accommodation<BR>Education and experience
* Bachelor's degree in Business, Engineering, or similar discipline required; MBA or other advanced degree or equivalent work experience a plus.
* Minimum three years of practical delivery experience in the area of project management with demonstrated results.
* Strong preference for experience in the technology industry.
* Experience in vendor relations for program/project outsourced services a plus.
* Exposure to project management processes including project portfolio prioritization, estimating, project planning, budgeting, scheduling, risk and issue management.
*CAPM or PMP certification desired; experience with creation of project portfolio management tools and design of dynamic, data-driven web applications highly desirable.
NWEA endeavors to make www.nwea.org accessible to all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please call us at (503) 624-1951 or e-mail us at email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request, your location and your contact information. This is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications. NWEA is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. For our EEO Policy Statement, please visit the following website: https://www.nwea.org/content/uploads/2017/04/Affirmative-Action-Policy-Document-2016.pdf. If you'd like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please visit the following website: https://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/poster_screen_reader_optimized.