Sonetics is the leader in team communication solutions that enhance productivity, safety, and effectiveness of work teams in aviation, firefighting, public works, marine, construction, and industrial operations. Sonetics pioneered the development of hands-free wireless headsets which allow team members to stay in continuous contact, and ensures that all team members can hear and be heard, even in the most challenging environments.
We are currently looking for a Controller to head up our Finance and IT team and serve as a member of our leadership team. In this role, you will be responsible for all financial management, including corporate accounting, financial reporting, budget and forecasts preparation for Sonetics Corporation and its subsidiaries, Flightcom and Firecom, in order to manage corporate resources, achieve strategic goals, and meet regulatory requirements. Additional job responsibilities include:
- Guide financial decisions by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing policies and procedures
- Monitor and confirm financial condition by conducting audits; providing information to external auditors.
- Maximize return, and limits risk, on cash by minimizing bank balances; making investments.
- Prepare budgets by establishing schedules; collecting, analyzing, and consolidating financial data; recommending plans.
- Recommend and manage key benchmarks for measuring the financial and operating results.
- Oversee accounting operations including accounts receivable, accounts payable and payroll.
- Manage closing of general ledger and prepare financial statements, maintain schedules of key general ledger accounts and prepare variance analysis including written analysis of company operating results.
- Maintain fixed asset records, track purchases and disposals of all fixed assets.
- Manage company relationships with all external financial and legal resources (such as banks, auditors, CPA firm, lessors, consultants, attorneys, contractors) in order to meet regulatory requirements, create a favorable business position, and meet strategic corporate needs.
- Oversee daily operations of the accounting department.
- Manage service providers for payroll, benefits administration and related areas
- Comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings
As a Controller, you have a Bachelors degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration (preference for Certified Public Accountant or Certified Management Accountant designations). You have 8+ years of progressive accounting experience, with at least 3 years as a Controller and manager in a manufacturing and/or distribution environment.
In addition, you have the ability to multi-task and manage conflicting priorities, you are analytical, detail oriented, have excellent communication skills, and the ability to work collaboratively with colleagues to achieve results. Your skillset includes:
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and procedures
- Excellent accounting software user and administration skills
- Financial statement preparation
- General ledger processing and the month-end/year end close process
- Cost accounting knowledge for manufacturing and distribution
- Financial reporting and demonstrated skills in problem solving and project management
- Experience implementing new systems, policies, procedures, and controls
- Strong ERP system experience, NetSuite preferred
- Highly effective individual who can work independently with excellent organizational skills
- Negotiation skills
- Demonstrated effective team leader and direct supervision skills
- Superior internal customer service focus and ability to build effective relationships
The right candidate will have a unique opportunity to become part of a highly successful team focused on growing our company. Our culture places a high value on customer focus, innovation, engagement and integrity. We offer a competitive and comprehensive package as well as the opportunity to be empowered and to make a difference.