UC Davis is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to excellence through diversity.
Job Title: Clinic Manager
Department Description The Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences offers a wealth of opportunities for students and faculty for clinical and research applications in all aspects of psychiatry and behavioral sciences.
Salary Range : $2636.00 to $4751.20
Salary Frequency : Bi-weekly
No. of Positions : 1
Appointment Type : Career
Percentage of Time : 100%
Shift Hour : 08 Hours
Location : Behavioral Health Center
City : Sacramento
Union Representation : No
Benefits Eligible : Yes
We offer exceptional employment benefits including medical, dental, and vision plans, generous paid vacations and holidays, excellent retirement savings and investment plans, continuing education, and reduced fee and scholarship programs.
- Successful work experience in new program start-up and general organizational development, consultation, management of group dynamics, and management development in relation to facilitating effective organizational and operational change in a behavioral health care environment. In particular, demonstration of a high degree and level of expertise in communications and interpersonal skills (conflict resolution and coalition building)
- Knowledge of business management principles; and of budget control and accounting principles, including capital budgeting, cost accounting, professional and patient billing, contract administration
- Skills in strategic planning and systems management
- Experience in mental health care delivery system development and implementatio
- Provider relations and practice management experience in a mental health managed care environment
- Professional training in the behavioral health care field in a managed care environment
- Ability to integrate the understanding of UCD/UCDHS' mission, commitments and projects within a service-oriented health care environment. Ability to incorporate knowledge of JCAHO and Title 22 rules and regulations to assure that clinic programs and operations are in compliance.
- Strong leadership and management skills to provide planning, coordination and direction to departmental staff, and to propose innovative solutions to management problems
- Personnel management skills to include developing position descriptions, recruiting, interviewing, selecting, training, evaluating and disciplining others
- Experience in negotiating, contracting, and/or alternative health care reimbursement and delivery system
- Marketing and/or public relations experience
- THIS POSITION MAY BE SUBJECT TO A CRIMINAL BACKGROUND INVESTIGATION, DRUG SCREEN, LIVE SCAN FINGERPRINTING, MEDICAL EVALUATION CLEARANCE, AND FUNCTIONAL CAPACITY ASSESSMENT
The Clinic Manager (Payroll Title: Community Health Program Assistant Chief) has responsibility for the management of the Department of Psychiatry's clinical practice. It is the role of the Manager to balance the requirements of the academic department and the clinical practice to meet the common needs of the School of Medicine and the Health System.