Assistant Dean - Business, Industry and Technology
North Central State College is accepting applications for Assistant Dean of Business, Industry and Technology. The Assistant Dean reports to the division Dean and plans, coordinates, and evaluates instructional activities of academic programs to ensure quality of instruction and curriculum; supervises the faculty and assists in addressing student questions and resolving problems; and monitors the financial and physical resources allocated to academic programs. Academic programs include: Accounting, Business Administration, Business Marketing, Business Analytics, Economics, Computer Information Systems, Industrial Technology, Integrated Engineering Technology, Mechanical Engineering Technology (AAS and BAS), Physics, Visual Communications Media and Technology, Cyber Security, Networking, College NOW and Credit Workforce Programs.
Essential duties/responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Collaborate with the Dean to direct and organize division-wide educational planning and program development in accordance with the mission, goals, and objectives of the College and division while supporting state and national initiatives
- Collaborate with the Dean to facilitate the establishment and evaluation of goals and objectives for the division and its programs.
- Provide day-to-day operational support to the division
- Promote faculty discussion that supports the continuous cycle of academic assessment to improve student outcomes; creating a course schedule based on student needs; developing and executing activities to improve retention
- Assist faculty and others, where appropriate, in the development of Student Learning Outcomes (SLOs) and the determination of their effectiveness in helping students achieve their desired learning outcomes. Additionally, provide leadership for the development of SLOs within program areas of responsibility
- Approve class schedules, assign classes to faculty, in consultation with faculty and program directors/coordinators, and direct the entry of schedule information and assignments by administrative assistants
- Oversee recruitment, supervision, and evaluation of part-time faculty, including high school College Credit Plus instructors/instruction
- Oversee annual program assessment and all program review activities
- Assist faculty with specialized accreditation maintenance
- Evaluate transcripts, prerequisite waivers, course substitutions, and graduation audits
- Review curriculum proposals and assist Dean in maintaining curriculum worksheets
- Support academic advising and assist students with academic and program questions
- Recruit, supervise, and evaluate full-time faculty in assigned departments; make recommendations for hiring and termination as necessary
- Oversee and approve recruitment, supervision, and evaluation of part-time faculty in coordination with program directors
- Assist with student recruitment and retention
- Address concerns and complaints from students and faculty (including grade appeals)
- Collaborate with the Dean to plan, develop, and maintain annual budgets for areas of responsibility
- Monitor financial resources allocated to programs and faculty within the division
- Collaborate with the Dean regarding the establishment and evaluation of goals and objectives for the division and its programs
- Provide day to day operational support for the division
- Ensure all faculty receive sufficient orientation and training
- Approve or deny requests for time off and work with faculty to cover courses
- Assist with and assess faculty professional development plans
- Direct and provide feedback on program reviews prepared by faculty
- Provide technical information and assistance to others regarding instructional services, budgets, facilities, planning, activities, needs, and issues
- Conduct joint meetings for full-time and adjunct faculty in assigned departments as needed but at least once a term
- Coordinate academic department meetings at least once a month
- Assist Dean in developing promotional materials and administrative materials such as curriculum guides, college catalog entries, and capital plans related to the program
- Ensure faculty review promotional materials and administrative materials such as curriculum guides, College catalog entries, and capital plans annually
- Coordinate articulation arrangements with area career centers insuring agreements are up-to-date
- Coordinate advisory committees as appropriate and represent area of responsibility in community and professional activities as warranted
- Serve on College committees as necessary
- Represent the College at community events
- Other duties as assigned
Education: Graduate degree in one of the content areas of responsibility; or Graduate degree plus relevant experience in one of the content areas; or Bachelor’s degree in one of the content areas of responsibility and completion of Master’s degree within four (4) years.
Experience: Prefer three (3) years administrative experience in higher education and three (3) years teaching experience at post-secondary level. Working knowledge of program areas.
Please express your interest in this position by submitting a letter of application and résumé to:
https://apptrkr.com/2083281, Click on Jobs then firstname.lastname@example.org or send to
NORTH CENTRAL STATE COLLEGE
Attention: Human Resources
2441 Kenwood Circle, Mansfield, OH 44906
Resumes will be reviewed beginning 12/11/2020 and until filled.
North Central State College is an Equal Employment Opportunity institution. We value campus diversity and demonstrate this in campus initiatives. We particularly encourage members of historically under-represented groups to apply.