The Automobile Club of Southern California is part of the largest federation of AAA clubs in the nation. We have over 15,000 employees in 21 states helping over 16 million members. With our national brand recognition, long-standing reputation since 1902, and constantly growing membership, we are seeking career-minded, service-driven professionals to join our team.
We’re looking for a Senior Salesforce Engineer that can be a key technical contributor to one of our core products: Emergency Road Service (ERS). ERS is a dynamic, fast-paced, and critical 24/7 operation that rescues millions of motorists every year. As a key contributor, you will have the opportunity to make an immediate difference for the company and its millions of customers by positively impacting the team that builds the ERS product.
If you are the right person for this position, you will have a proven track record of designing and implementing custom Salesforce applications where system uptime, code quality and customer satisfaction are paramount.
- Utilize object-oriented programming and design concepts to develop new and valuable features and enhancements for the ERS product using Agile (Scrum) methodologies.
- Engage with stakeholders, management, product owner and SMEs to translate business requirements into well architected solutions that leverage the Salesforce platform and best practices.
- Implement these solutions by actively participating in the application development, testing, rollout and support.
- Use Visual Studio Code for application development.
- Measure, analyze and optimize custom Salesforce applications to ensure optimal performance and throughput.
- Be a technical SME for Salesforce technologies.
- Ensure continual quality via unit/regression testing, Continuous Integration (CI), Continuous Delivery (CD) and code reviews.
- Leverage Project Management Agile tools such as Jira.
- Consult and work with multiple Agile / Scrum teams to achieve coordinated and on-time deliveries.
- Communicate designs and plans to a wide range of business partners verbally and in writing in ways that improve understanding for each participant according to their experience and job function.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science, Information Systems, Software Engineering and related fields.
- 8+ years of IT experience.
- 3+ years of experience working on projects to build custom applications on Salesforce including APEX, Lightning Components, Flows and Visualforce pages.
- Active Salesforce certifications preferred (Service Cloud, Field Service Lightning, Platform Developer, Systems/Data Architect).
- Knowledge and hands-on experience of components, capabilities and concepts: Case, Work Order, Service Appointment, Skills, Service Resources, Territories, Work Types, Scheduling, etc.
- Experience building and installing managed packages and guided setup configuration.
- Familiarity with implementing RESTful APIs on the Salesforce platform.
- Must have experience and understanding in Software Engineering Techniques, Software Engineering Architecture, Software Engineering Lifecycle and Data Management.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as listening skills and outstanding teamwork skills.
Benefits:· Health Coverage for Medical, Dental, Vision· Paid time off including Vacation, Illness and Holidays· Life Insurance· Disability Coverage· Pension· 401k Savings Plan· Employee Discounts· Career opportunities across multiple business lines and states
“Through dedicated employees we proudly deliver legendary service and beneficial products that provide members peace of mind and value.”
AAA is an Equal Opportunity Employer The Automobile Club of Southern California will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance.