The Corporate Engagement Manager is a vital member of the corporate team with responsibilities to help implement AKF’s corporate development strategy, as well as helping to grow our portfolio of contributors. The Manager will report directly to the Sr. Director of Corporate Engagement, and work closely with the Directors of Corporate Engagement.
This position will be focused on 60% administrative/project management of corporate funded projects, 20% stewardship, 20% fundraising and other special projects.
• Serve as the Corporate team’s program manager playing a role in fundraising project management, prospecting, stewardship, and some direct fundraising.
• Manage a weekly cross-departmental meeting to coordinate all corporate-funded programs, working closely across departments to ensure sponsor deliverables are met within agreed upon timelines
• Manage budget tracking for all corporate funded projects and updating applicable staff related to status of budget vs. actual spend
• Manage sponsor benefit fulfillment for Corporate Members program, also working externally with Corporate Members, as needed
• Manage corporate stewardship plan, including development of a monthly corporate e-newsletter, charitable impact reports, and C-suite acknowledgement letters
• Serve as corporate liaison to the Office of Communications and Marketing for coordination of any online content needed for the AKF website or Facebook page and other relevant social media needs
• Support Sr. Director and Director(s) fundraisers with the preparation of proposals as needed, including assisting in writing and submitting grant proposals directly into online systems or to corporate contacts, as appropriate
• Conduct regular research to identify a broad pool of corporate prospects, coordinating quarterly outreach to new prospects via mail, email and phone
• Keep up to date on current trends in the health/pharma industry
• Manage development of materials, logistics coordination and other preparations for annual conferences, or new virtual activities, as needed
• Ensure corporate contacts are kept up to date in development database (Raiser’s Edge)
• Assist in other administrative and/or corporate projects as assigned
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
The ideal candidate:
• Must have a minimum of two to four (2-4) years of relevant development experience, preferably corporate partnership management, prospect research, and grant writing
• Must have experience in managing budgets and using Excel spreadsheets to keep track of multiple projects, and it is preferred to also have experience in using Power Point.
• Must be highly organized, detail-oriented, and able to handle multiple projects simultaneously
• Be able to anticipate, plan, prioritize and react to changing needs and situations with professionalism, integrity and diplomacy
• Have strong interpersonal skills, a positive disposition, strong written and verbal communication skills, be goal-oriented, ability to succeed in a team environment, excellent decision-making and judgment skills, strong project management skills as well an innate sense of pace and urgency
• Ability to handle confidential matters with a high level of integrity
• A proactive self-starter with ability to equally function autonomously and as a member of a team, with a high regard for accountability and outcomes.
• Proficient in MS Office Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint) as well as fundraising database software (Raisers Edge, Convio, or similar software)
• Must be able to travel, if needed (no more than 10% of time)
• Must be able to lift 25 lbs. related to delivery of sponsorship proposals or benefits
• B.A./B.S. degree preferred