As part of the Diversity & Inclusion team, The Manager – Diversity & Inclusion will collaborate to implement, coordinate, and monitor progress of programs that promote diversity and inclusion throughout all areas of the Church Mutual organization, internally and externally, with employees, policyholders, vendors, etc. This position will assist with the continued enhancement and implementation of the Company’s strategic diversity and inclusion plan. This will include but not limited to research and analysis of industry trends and best practice. Prospect and cultivate relationships with minority brokers throughout the United States and serve as a diversity liaison as needed for the sales, claims, and purchasing operations.
This individual may reside anywhere in the continental United States.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Participate in the coordination and strategic planning for the design and implementation of an organization‑wide platform to ensure diversity, equity, and respect for all internal and external stakeholders (employees, customers, etc.).
- Collaborate and support departmental diversity and inclusion strategic plans units to ensure that all diversity initiatives are aligned with the overall strategic plan.
- Maintain diversity metrics and scorecard to measure success of diversity and inclusion initiatives and programs. Research and analyze industry trends, best practice, and approach to diversity and inclusion strategy.
- Collaborate and support the company's efforts to identify, expand, and accelerate the use of small, minority‑owned, women‑owned, small disadvantaged, veteran‑owned, and HUB Zone business enterprises. Support Procurement with continued enhancement of the comprehensive corporate Supplier Diversity Program, including annual and multi‑year program plans to meet or exceed supplier diversity goals.
- Support Company’s Dialogue in Diversity Speaker series with speaker identification, contract negotiations, and detailed event planning.
- Support Diversity & Inclusion learning initiatives with learning goals, development and implementation including facilitation as needed.
- Coordinate diversity outreach to churches, colleges, and professional organizations in collaboration with appropriate Church Mutual partners (HR, Marketing, and Sales).
- Serve as a diversity liaison on an as‑needed basis for accounts in the sales operation. Participate and facilitate the resolution of issues and/or conflict related to diversity and inclusion.
- Prospect and cultivate relationships with minority brokers throughout the United States in support of minority broker appointments. .
- Coordinate the development, implementation, and monitoring of diversity/inclusion committees, working groups, and councils that enhance the understanding and assist with bridging the differences up, down, across, within, and outside of Church Mutual.
- Identify, develop, foster, and maintain strong internal and external relationships for the purpose of integrating diversity/inclusion initiatives.
- Promote a positive image and positive external relations for Church Mutual by communicating and interacting with policyholders, clergy, politicians, and other key external stakeholders in matters related to Church Mutual diversity efforts. Represent Church Mutual in various community, state, and national activities designed to promote diversity at Church Mutual.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a property and casualty insurance license.
- Significant Travel required.
- Ability to develop strategies related to diversity and inclusion strategies, techniques, and process improvement methodologies to achieve organizational goals; Understands organization's strengths & weaknesses; Analyzes market and competition; Identifies external threats and opportunities
- Thorough understanding of the Pan Asian culture and/or ability to learn cultural information.
- Strong communication skills and ability to communicate with people of various backgrounds, experiences, and knowledge.
- Strong organizational skill set to develop, manage, and complete projects timely.
- Strong skills in relationship building, decision making, negotiation, and communication, including effective listening, problem-solving, business acumen, and the ability to influence others.
- Desire and commitment to continually learn, accept new challenges, and strive for personal improvement and growth.
- Intermediate knowledge of MS Suite to produce quality written communications, including presentations and advanced functions of Excel and ability to learn new tools.
- Ability to think differently and without usual constraints; creatively develops and demonstrates a clear, vivid picture of targets, and how to achieve and measure success; Translates vision into concrete actions and results.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables
- Displays knowledge of Equal Employment Opportunity practices and principles.
- Ability to lead in a changing environment.
- Ability to travel 50-75% of the time.
- 8-10 years of increased responsibility directly related diversity and inclusion experience required.
- Demonstrated aptitude, passion, and commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Proficiency in English and Chinese, Cantonese, or other Asian language preferred.
- Bachelor's degree required in International Studies, Communications, Business, Marketing, Psychology, Sociology, Organization Development, Human Resources, Asian studies, or related discipline. Master's degree preferred.
- Certification related to the diversity and inclusion field preferred
Church Mutual Insurance Company is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.