Lead, manage, and oversee assigned areas of the corporate accounting function. Ensure compliance with internal and external reporting requirements. Assist with development and maintenance of system of internal controls and safeguard assets. Supervisor responsibilities to include staffing, training and development, performance management, and work force planning.
Primary Job Responsibilities
- Supervisor/manager responsibilities may include all of the following:
- Staffing needs, to include interviewing and onboarding for new employees.
- Training and development, as well as coaching and motivation, for staff.
- Performance management, goal setting, employee engagement, and salary administration.
- Work force management to include; unit equipment, software, and space needs, approving time off and overtime usage, and budget recommendations.
- Develop, document, and monitor processes and workflows to support ongoing operations and ensure appropriate internal controls for the CM Group.
- Review and recommend disbursement requests for processing.
- Prepare and/or review regulatory and tax filings for submission to regulatory organizations.
- Complete monthly/quarterly/annual closing duties, including account reconciliations and reviews, as assigned on the month-end closing checklist.
- Complete and/or review journal vouchers as assigned on the month-end journal voucher inventory.
- Prepare and/or review financial exhibits and schedules to support the internal and external reporting needs of the CM Group.
- Serve as administrator for assigned CM Group processing systems.
- Support overall financial reporting needs to the Unit, as directed by Accounting/Finance Management.
- Lead and/or provide support for corporate and department projects as assigned by Accounting/Finance Management.
- Strong leadership, organizational, and project management skills.
- Strong judgment, analytical, and decision making skills.
- Ability to approach problems systematically and creatively and negotiate solutions.
- Knowledge of and ability to work with financial systems and software programs.
- Five or more years of experience at increasing levels of responsibility in an insurance, public accounting, or related financial field within accounting or related position.
- Prior supervisory experience preferred.
- • Bachelor’s degree with emphasis in accounting or finance is required.
• CPA and/or CMA certification preferred.