Manage all aspects of the billing and collections process, including payment processing, customer service, collections, manual bill processes, broker bill processes, and commission management. Responsible for billing and collections reporting and daily reconciliation reviews. Develop, modify, and execute policies and procedures. Act as a resource to other departments. Contribute to the strategic direction of the Billing and Collections Department. Contribute to related special projects and corporate initiatives. Supervisor responsibilities to include staffing, training and development, performance management, and work force planning.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervisor/manager responsibilities may include all of the following:
- Staffing needs, to include interviewing and onboarding for new employees.
- Training and development, as well as coaching and motivation, for staff.
- Performance management, goal setting, employee engagement, and salary administration.
- Workforce management to include; unit equipment, software, and space needs, approving time off and overtime usage, and budget recommendations.
- Provide leadership and direction for billing-related projects and initiatives. Work with the project management team and IT to define scope and ensure requirements are properly documented and releases are thoroughly tested.
- Manage the broker reconciliation process. Assist with reconciling company premium and commission records to broker records. Work with internal partners and brokers to problem solve billing and commission-related issues. Monitor controls to ensure commissions are paid accurately and timely.
- Manage the daily payment reconciliation process. Ensure the reconciliation is completed accurately and variances are thoroughly explained. Act as a staff resource for direction or training related to this process.
- Review company receivable aging reports. Ensure proper follow-up is completed on large aged balances. Manage the external collection vendor relationship. Be accountable for the current ratio metric.
- Analyze staff results for payment processing volume, payment processing errors, collection results, credit processing, and phone call volume. Review results with the staff and take corrective action when results are below the department average.
- Report receivable management, account management, customer service, and payment processing results to management. Provide explanations for unexpected variances or trends. Develop meaningful reporting as the scope of the department changes.
- Be the owner of department procedures. Ensure procedures are kept current and staff is made aware of any new procedures or updates. Take corrective action when procedures are not followed. Ensure adequate internal controls are in place for billing and collection-related processes. Review and approve disbursement and charge-off transactions.
- Work to resolve complex issues or complaints from internal or external customers. Ensure department customer service is provided at a high level.
- Supervisor responsibilities to include staffing, training and development, performance management, and work force planning.
- Provide strategic direction to the billing and collections operation.
- Establish operational objectives and work plans. Identify and resolve issues, challenges, and roadblocks relative to goal achievement.
- Create novel solutions for thought-provoking, diverse, and highly complex issues. Analyze recommendations made by others to solve issues bearing broad or companywide impact.
- Respond to internal and external customer questions that have been elevated to a higher level.
- Manage special projects, assign duties and responsibilities, and follow through to assure high quality and timeliness.
- Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to interact with multiple departments and external customers.
- Must be detail-oriented and possess strong judgment and decision-making skills.
- Ability to investigate and resolve issues.
- Ability to work independently and with others.
- Must be able to multitask and prioritize job responsibilities.
- Able to deal with frequent changes, delays, or unexpected events.
- Ability to lead and motivate employees to their best performance.
- Strong Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint capabilities.
- Minimum of five years of experience with billing and collection operations.
- Prior supervisory experience preferred.
- Property and casualty insurance experience preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in a business-related field or equivalent combination of education and/or related experience required.
CM Regent is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.