As a member of Our COMPANY CONFIDENTIAL CLIENT's Technology Organization’s Customer Engagement portfolio, the Application Analyst will provide Subject Matter Expertise responsible for delivering excellence customer service and proactive technical expertise to facilitate the implementation of new applications, upgrades to existing applications, and support for interfaces between applications.
In addition, the position would be responsible for system analysis, design and implementation of changes to meet the business needs. This includes understanding the system architecture, documentation of system impacts, requirements gathering, and testing requirements for the deployment of those changes. This position would also be responsible for the daily analysis and identification of system problems and the appropriate corrective actions. Primary focus would be to support the On-line Customer Care website and related internal and vendor supported applications utilizing the agile methodology.
Education and Experience:
- Working knowledge and understanding of IT services, business customers, and technology organizational roles / responsibilities which work together to serve internal and external customer needs
Knowledge and understanding of software development technologies, methodology and associated tools
- Working knowledge of the Agile methodology within a technology organization preferred
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle. Support the life-cycle management of software applications and systems within the portfolio through implementation, support, maintenance and retirement of applications to ensure maximum value and reduced cost.
- Ability to develop, write, edit, review, and organize technical documentation related to computer systems such as users' guides, technical manuals, and instructional materials to ensure that the text can be understood by non-technical users.
- Knowledge of Visual Studio, .Net, C#, ASP, COBOL, JCL, PowerShell, etc. preferred
- Excellent diagnostic, troubleshooting, analysis, and problem-solving skills with the ability to identify, document, and communicate issues, business requirements, and training material
- Ability to research solutions to problems with the discipline to follow up on anomalies and problem situations
- Ability to assess the impact of changes and quantify risk to ensure appropriate business and technical decisions are made
- Flexible, can work under stress with changing direction and responsibilities and with minimal supervision
- Effectively organizes tasks, manages multiple shifting priorities/details, and meets tight deadlines
- Takes initiative to understand issues and take corrective actions or make system changes where necessary
Self-motivated, takes initiative, removes obstacles for success with the ability to effectively manage multiple project responsibilities simultaneously.
Acts with initiative, speed, and decisiveness
- High degree of focus on quality, reliability, efficiency, and cost effectiveness
- Ability to learn in a dynamic and fast paced environment. Must also be capable to learn applications in a quick and efficient manner
Capacity to learn and apply new technologies, skills and concepts
- Excellent communication skills (both oral and written) fostering open & proactive communication
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships with technology, business unit stakeholders, and vendors with a focus on cooperation & teamwork
- Effective consulting skills with proven ability to influence others
- Working knowledge of a customer billing/information system preferred
- Strong project management skills
- Experience in the utility industry is a plus
Must demonstrate "Southern Style" behaviors of unquestionable trust, superior performance, and total commitment
- Implement, integrate, and/or support technology solutions in a manner that meets or exceeds customer expectations for quality, cost, and timeliness
- Manage changing priorities and direction with many varying responsibilities (project management, analyst, testing, etc.) with minimal supervision while driving results
- Ensure required documentation for projects and initiatives are developed
- Communicate effectively and timely with customers, team members, and management
- Adhere to Change Management policies and procedures
- Respond quickly & effectively to all operational and production problems by researching solutions to problems and obtaining the discipline to follow up on anomalies and problem situations
- Build effective relationships with peers, management, and customers
- Display ability to work independently of direct supervision
- Develops, enhances, communicates and documents the application processes and related tools including but not limited to process flow diagrams as needed
- Manage updates and improvements to application processes, working with and through others
- Work with other process owners to ensure all interfaces between processes are identified and function properly
- Interfaces with IT groups that have a hand in supporting the product or other closely aligned products.
- Keeps up with industry research and current events.
- Assist with maintaining relationships with vendors around product roadmaps, product support, maintenance, and issue resolution.
Our LARGE COMPANY CONFIDENTIAL CLIENT is an equal opportunity employer where an applicant's qualifications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis prohibited by law.
How to Apply
***Qualified candidates only ****
- Open or Confidential Candidate Referrals accepted
- Call our office at 888-676-6389 or email any clarification questions.