Join the Wikimedia Foundation in our aspiring project to empower people to create and share the sum of all human knowledge. Wikimedia Foundation has an opening for a Procurement Specialist to support our internal purchase needs for both contracted services and tangible goods requests. You will work together with our Finance and Administration team members, as well as the various end users to process Operational purchase request needs, reconcile invoices and educate the necessary roles within the “Procure to Pay” process on role needs and expectations.
We’d like you to do these things:
- Track all incoming requests (Goods and Services) throughout the various workflows to ensure that requests are processed in a timely, accurate and compliant manner. Maintain weekly contracted status report workbook.
- Identify and route new high-risk business arrangements to the FP&A team and Sr. Procurement Manager
- Collaborate with business owners requesting contracts to define scope needs where necessary
- Summarize the purchase requests in the various systems of records to facilitate internal approvals (expense and terms)
- Assist with new Vendor on-boarding and qualification steps
- Process Purchase Order expense authorization packages
- Reconciliation and tracking of PO, contracts, and commitment due dates
- Assist with resolution of discrepancies between POs and invoices
- Prepare reports to support business processes
- Other contract and purchasing tasks as required
We’d like you to have these skills:
- Minimum 5 years Experience supporting a procurement team
- Be familiar with GAAP practices and various Accounting Treatments of commitments
- Excellent communication skills (written & verbal)
- Experience managing automated workflows in Financial or ERP systems
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite products, (particularly intermediate level Excel skills) & Google G Suite sw
- The ability to work autonomously to produce accurate and timely deliverables
And it would be even more awesome if you have this:
- Degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration
- Experience with Sage Intacct Accounting System, Cobblestone Contract Management Software or Coupa P2P and CLM modules
- Familiarity with financial controls, accounting principles
- Contract terms negotiations and Sourcing
The Wikimedia Foundation is...
...the nonprofit organization that hosts and operates Wikipedia and the other Wikimedia free knowledge projects. Our vision is a world in which every single human can freely share in the sum of all knowledge. We believe that everyone has the potential to contribute something to our shared knowledge, and that everyone should be able to access that knowledge, free of interference. We host the Wikimedia projects, build software experiences for reading, contributing, and sharing Wikimedia content, support the volunteer communities and partners who make Wikimedia possible, and advocate for policies that enable Wikimedia and free knowledge to thrive. The Wikimedia Foundation is a charitable, not-for-profit organization that relies on donations. We receive financial support from millions of individuals around the world, with an average donation of about $15. We also receive donations through institutional grants and gifts. The Wikimedia Foundation is a United States 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organization with offices in San Francisco, California, USA.
U.S. Benefits & Perks*
- Fully paid medical, dental and vision coverage for employees and their eligible families (yes, fully paid premiums!)
- The Wellness Program provides reimbursement for mind, body and soul activities such as fitness memberships, baby sitting, continuing education and much more
- The 401(k) retirement plan offers matched contributions at 4% of annual salary
- Flexible and generous time off - vacation, sick and volunteer days, plus 19 paid holidays - including the last week of the year.
- Family friendly! 100% paid new parent leave for seven weeks plus an additional five weeks for pregnancy, flexible options to phase back in after leave, fully equipped lactation room.
- For those emergency moments - long and short term disability, life insurance (2x salary) and an employee assistance program
- Pre-tax savings plans for health care, child care, elder care, public transportation and parking expenses
- Telecommuting and flexible work schedules available
- Appropriate fuel for thinking and coding (aka, a pantry full of treats) and monthly massages to help staff relax
- Great colleagues - diverse staff and contractors speaking dozens of languages from around the world, fantastic intellectual discourse, mission-driven and intensely passionate people
The Wikimedia Foundation is an equal opportunity employer, and we encourage people with a diverse range of backgrounds to apply
Wikimedia Foundation website
Wikimedia Foundation blog
Annual Report - 2017