Amsted Rail has an immediate opening for an Electrical Engineer at its operation in Granite City, Illinois.
Provide technical support to manufacturing operations. Provide for continuous improvement of manufacturing operations through the design, selection and installation of new equipment and systems and the modification of existing equipment and systems. Provide support to maintenance operations. Create and/or maintain current documentation of equipment and systems.
- Provide for the continuous improvement and maximum reliability of processes, procedures, and equipment.
- Design and specify machine control systems; integrated automation including robotics and servo controls; HMI systems; and data collection systems.
- Provide complete project management for new machines, system modifications, installations and upgrades. Tasks will include estimating, drawing preparation, appropriation of capital, preparing & managing timelines, budget management and supervision of project implementation.
- Provide Engineering support to operations in the troubleshooting, rebuilding and repair of electrical equipment and automation systems.
- Create and/or maintain current documentation of processes and operating procedures.
- Actively engage with management commitment to creating and maintaining a safe work environment for all employees.
- Maintain a high level of knowledge of related technologies and manufacturing systems.
- Perform other assigned duties as determined by the manager.
Job Knowledge/Skills and Experience:
- BS in Electrical Engineering.
- Minimum of three (3) years’ experience commissioning and troubleshooting machine / process controls in manufacturing industry.
- Ability to troubleshoot and program PLCs, HMIs, VFDs, and other controller and sensor software.
- Ability to design and troubleshoot industrial controls.
- Ability to read mechanical and electrical prints.
- Robotic experience
- Understanding of power distribution systems and National Electric Code.
- Proficient in AutoCAD
- Able to deliver complete and accurate electrical system drawing packages.
- Knowledge of safety precautions and requirements related to working with automation and power management systems.
- Effective analytical, decision-making, and problem-solving skills.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
The successful candidate will be a self-starter, be able to handle unexpected events and take advantage of opportunities to achieve excellent results. The individual must be able to communicate with employees at all levels in the organization. Additionally he or she must have a strong mechanical aptitude, be highly organized, be able to work under tight timelines, be able to demonstrate excellent problem solving, data analysis, and critical thinking skills.
Working for Amsted Rail:
We are a privately held, 100% employee-owned company! Our commitment to employee’s professional satisfaction includes creating space and opportunities to be creative and an integral part of our innovation journey and business success; for employee’s personal fulfillment, we invest in everyone’s growth and development while ensuring a work environment that values them as an individual, with their unique set of strengths and beliefs.